Wiki Posts
Search

Aircraft Change

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2024, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold
Aircraft Change

Is there a way to find out if there was a change of aircraft at short notice?
I'm absolutely convinced that I had booked and picked rear facing Q suites on QR276 (AMS-DOH) on 10th March, yet they are telling me that it was never planned with Q suites, even when I booked in December.
We were extremely disappointed to find the oldest/outdated Business class seats on boarding!

Thank you.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 7:14 am

If you have confirmation of your booked seat numbers and those seats do not exist on the aircraft you flew on, there may have been a change. But contractually you booked a business class seat not a particular seat or type of seat.

It's disappointing of course if you thought you might travel in a particular seat or type of seat, but it's never guaranteed with any airline. There has been a QR customer service gesture policy to switch flights in advance under very limited circumstances if a booked Qsuite is no longer operating, but that's 7 years old now and could be amended or withdrawn any time. There has never to my knowledge been any compensation offered for aircraft seat changes

If the flight has been flown, and the aircraft was swapped for legitimate last minuute operational reasons such as tencnical or weather issues, there's probably little you can legitimately expect. Sorry.

Here are some seat maps to compare:

2-2-2 https://www.aerolopa.com/qr-77i

Qsuite https://www.aerolopa.com/qr-77p
Old Mar 13, 2024, 7:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
From when i book, i use expert flyer free search capabilities to check for changes to the seating plan that would suggest a change of aircraft.

On some qr routes, on the few days before the flight, it can change several times.

For AMS to DOH you cannot be sure what you will be on until the inbound aircraft has left DOH

Last edited by scottishpoet; Mar 13, 2024 at 8:25 am
Old Mar 14, 2024, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold
Thanks both for responding.
Yes, I'm familiar with everything you say and had checked it was still Q suites the day before travel.
Customer care initially said it was never planned for Q suites, but in a subsequent email, they kind of say there may have been a change.
As you say, you can't be sure until it's inbound!
Old Mar 14, 2024, 10:08 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
That's unusual; Qatar changing the AC type 100 times before a given flight? :-/
seanp7 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.