Search

Privilege Club Avios Redemptions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2024, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver / Aegean
Privilege Club Avios Redemptions

Beware.

I bought tickets to Australia and paid the Carrier Imposed Taxes which I naturally thought included Airport Taxes.

Come to check in 48 hrs beforehand and wonder why I cannot check in!

call Qatar up who tell me they need to collect these airport taxes and my ticket not confirmed until then!

What a con. What would happen if they had sold the flight full meanwhile. How do you until close to departure that a further cost is outstanding especially as tickets issued on App !

At least with BA everything is done up front.

Grumpy Steve

Rgds
Old Mar 11, 2024, 12:04 pm

Where did you buy this ticket? Do you have a ticket number? Australian taxes are collected by the carrier and forwarded on so it's odd this would happen...
Old Mar 11, 2024, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver / Aegean
Bought return ticket in UK. Avios redemption *2 as well!

Originally Posted by newEUer
Where did you buy this ticket? Do you have a ticket number? Australian taxes are collected by the carrier and forwarded on so it's odd this would happen...
Old Mar 11, 2024, 12:16 pm

Booked via QR then I'm guessing since you said 2x. Do you have the e-ticket receipt? I booked MEL-LHR last week based in the UK and got the following:

GBP 13.00 Qatar Passenger Facility Charge PFC , GBP 4.50 Safety andSecurity or Baggage Screening Tax (WGSE) , GBP 1.20 Qatar PassengerService Charge Arrivals (PZAV) , GBP 13.00 Qatar Airport Fee International(QAAP) , GBP 13.00 Passenger Services Charge (WYDE) , GBP 110.40Redemption Fee , GBP 31.00 Passenger Movement Charge (AUDP) , GBP2.20 Passenger Safety and Security Fee (R9SE)

For a total of GBP 188.30 one way.

It's very odd this happened, I would be very interested in your e-ticket breakdown.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 1:02 pm

Perhaps there has been some amendment to the reservation and the ticket was reissued since originally booked. If the taxes, exchange rate etc had changed in the meantime that would require an additional collection, same as on BA or any other airline.

The OP coming back to confirm how much extra they needed to pay would likely confirm what has happened here.

Last edited by KingCanute; Mar 11, 2024 at 11:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.