Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar online check in and bag drop at Bangkok

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2024, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

I will be departing BKK on a Sunday evening on QR J and have hours to kill. I'd prefer to spend them in the QR lounge if possible, but acknowledge the usual 3 hr pre-flight check in desk timing. Unfortunately, I will have check in baggage. Does anyone know whether it's possible to check-in online, drop bags at a kiosk and head to the BKK QR lounge well in advance of the check in desk opening? I note that BKK does not seem to be listed as accepting mobile BPs, so it would seem at least a printed PB would be required. Any advice/other ideas much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 12:52 am

There was a recent thread of experiences with this. You don’t say how long in advance and which flight etc, but it seems you may be limited to check in opening hours

QR835 BKK - DOH Check-in time

The lounge is also not open 24 hours, current hours appear to be
5–8:35 AM
3:30–8:10 PM
10:30 PM–2:30 AM
Take me home likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
QR check-in at BKK opens 4 hours before departure, as per https://suvarnabhumi.airportthai.co....departure_time
Take me home likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:51 am

I'm sure there was a recent report on here that BKK now accepts mobile boarding passes.
Take me home likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 5:14 am

Programs: Meh
Jumping in here to ask does anybody know if PVG aacepts mobile boarding passes?
Old Mar 11, 2024, 5:25 am

Programs: BA GGL Lifetime Gold/VirginLifetime Gold Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador
At PVG no they have to stamp your boarding pass at Immigration
Old Mar 11, 2024, 6:27 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by BA for life
At PVG no they have to stamp your boarding pass at Immigration
Thanks for the reply. Can I print off boarding pass or I need airline issued one?

Last edited by stevie; Mar 11, 2024 at 6:28 am Reason: typo
Old Mar 11, 2024, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks KingCanute. Flight is at 18.10 and check out of hotel is 11.00. Given I will have been in BKK for a week, I just want to head to the airport on check out, so potentially have 6 hrs or so. Very helpful to know the QR lounge opening times. Was thinking that with CX and EK lounges also available, I could fill the 6hrs if I can check in early enough.
KingCanute likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Thanks MartinJS - that could be the answer, though I was hoping to checkin earlier online and do baggage drop to kiosk rather than wait for checkin to open.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks ft101. The Qatar website doesn't include BKK in the lits of mobile BP enabled airports, but I'd be delighted to hear that it is out of date: https://www.qatarairways.com/en/serv...ecking-in.html (Asia and the Pacific: Adelaide, Auckland, Canberra, Chiang Mai, Melbourne, Perth, Phnom Penh, Phuket, Seoul, Sydney, Tokyo)
Old Mar 11, 2024, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

This is embarrassing, but I'm actually flying Finnair not QR! Booked some time ago and have been fixated on the QR lounge. In the process Ive somehow conflated the lounge with the carrier. Apologies all - I'll take this to the Finnair forum. The responses have been very helpful (eg, Finnair also opens checkin 4hrs before)
Old Mar 12, 2024, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by Take me home
This is embarrassing, but I'm actually flying Finnair not QR!
No need to be embarrassed by AY as their flights and service are good; many people fly with them and some choose them over QR! If open you are able to use the QR lounge anyway. I think I flew from BKK once and used the QR lounge. It was however a long walk from the lounge to the gate. Mind you, everything is a long walk at BKK.

And well done in owning up, I muddle flights and destinations too! I guess others do to, more often than they would admit to.
Take me home likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 3:43 am

Programs: BA, TK, EK
Originally Posted by MartinJS
QR check-in at BKK opens 4 hours before departure, as per https://suvarnabhumi.airportthai.co....departure_time
This is no longer the case, today they are not open at 1640 for the 2000 departure.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by father_ted
This is no longer the case, today they are not open at 1640 for the 2000 departure.
That link does say "up to 4 hours", and it is the end of Songkran so the ground handling agents will be particularly busy, possibly with staff missing too. Today or this weekend may not be representative of normal operations.

But what time.did check in actually open? That might be helpful for others
Old Apr 16, 2024, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by father_ted
As of 2 weeks ago, checkin opened at 16.40/16.45 for the 20.00 flight.
KingCanute likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.