Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Airways with AA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2024, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Qatar Airways with AA

I have a connecting flight from BOS on QR to DOH but ì am not able to make the first sector on a AA flight on Republic. The tickets are all QR. I can reach BOS to make my QR flight as the layover is very long. I cannot make the AA flight due to work. Is there any way I can take another flight to BOS and then join my QR flight without them cancelling my whole ticket as a no show?
Old Mar 8, 2024, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Davvidd
I have a connecting flight from BOS on QR to DOH but ì am not able to make the first sector on a AA flight on Republic. The tickets are all QR. I can reach BOS to make my QR flight as the layover is very long. I cannot make the AA flight due to work. Is there any way I can take another flight to BOS and then join my QR flight without them cancelling my whole ticket as a no show?
No. You must rebook ticket. Only other option is hope that AA would let you SDC/SDS to another flight on the same day to BOS.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
No. You must rebook ticket. Only other option is hope that AA would let you SDC/SDS to another flight on the same day to BOS.
Thank you. QR says it its their ticket so I am going to speak with them to see what can be done.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Davvidd
Thank you. QR says it its their ticket so I am going to speak with them to see what can be done.
How far in advance are you from flight?
if this is within 24hrs of the AA flight, call AA and ask if they cancdo SDS/SDC. Ticket doesn't have to be reissued if they will simply let you fly on a later AA flight on same day/same route.

Last edited by flyerCO; Mar 9, 2024 at 2:36 am
Old Mar 9, 2024, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
How far in advance are you from flight?
if this is within 24hrs of the AA flight, call AA and ask if they cancdo SDS/SDC. Ticket doesn't have to be reissued if they will simply let you fly on a later AA flight on same day/same route.
Not is was just over 48 hours when I posted and actually 3 days now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.