Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Sanity check for Avios award point use for KGL-DOH-MIA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2024, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum

Looking at options for booking a future QR business class ticket with Avios points. When I search for the outbound flight (USA-DOH-JRO), it looks like I would need 170K Avios points (plus ~$200USD). When performing this search, it shows three columns (Economy/Business/First)
But for the return flight (KGL-DOH-MIA), a calendar shows up for the month, showing availability for the entire month, but not broken down by class of service. For example, 22-JUL-2024 is showing 85000 Avios Flexi on the calendar. Since I have an Avios balance of zero (planning on transferring in AMEX Membership rewards points to pay for these), the website will not let me move forward. So I cannot tell what class of service the 85K points is getting me.

Any suggestions? Or can anyone with points run a quick search for KGL-MIA on 22-JUL-2024 and see what the 85K provides?

Thanks!
Old Mar 7, 2024, 6:43 pm

It's not about the Avios balance, I see the same screen:

Old Mar 8, 2024, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oruvin
It's not about the Avios balance, I see the same screen:

Can you go forward from there and select a flight? I cannot.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by WannaTheater
Can you go forward from there and select a flight? I cannot.
Nope.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oruvin
Nope.
Thanks. Looks like perhaps I need to call in to book this. Maybe because first leg is operated by a partner airline (RwandAir)
Old Mar 8, 2024, 2:35 pm

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, EY Silver, Jumeirah One Gold, GHA Discovery Titanium, Sixt Diamond
Must be something to do with the KGL-DOH leg indeed.

The DOH-MIA leg is only available in Y though (for 47,500), so that 85k must be a Y pricing, since there is no J or F available. on 22/07.

A Flexi DOH-MIA in J would be something like ~130,000 anyway, so 85k for that trip is only ever going to be Y.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MattDXB
Must be something to do with the KGL-DOH leg indeed.

The DOH-MIA leg is only available in Y though (for 47,500), so that 85k must be a Y pricing, since there is no J or F available. on 22/07.

A Flexi DOH-MIA in J would be something like ~130,000 anyway, so 85k for that trip is only ever going to be Y.
Thanks for this. I am doing some VERY preliminary planning (for travel in 2025), so these are test points. Seems like I will need to call to book something like this (with the partner segment involved). Your data points help set expectations for point requirements for J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.