Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR F - no upgrade options - any recent changes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2024, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

So for some reason beyond my understanding I like QR First on the A380. Post covid I have managed to get a number of free upgrades from J to F, specially on DOH<->BKK routes.
I have also been able to book "mixed cabin" where F have been available from European departures (I fly mostly ARN - Stockholm)

I have an upcoming trip to BKK next week and there where no options to book F, no worries, perhaps something changes, but there were no upgrade options either. This is a bit unusual as that have almost always been the case.
So I made a separate search and found revenue flights (3 F seats available) on above leg.

I'm not sure if this was a policy change, my thinking last year was that F was offered to J passengers directly while booking as J is not commonly available from most departure airports, for most of us that will require A380.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 1:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
flights to BKK are almost always fullfull these days, especially the 380
Old Feb 22, 2024, 2:47 am
Original Poster

huh so why are there amost 50% free seats in F?
Old Feb 22, 2024, 5:44 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by DirektornSE
They may just be trying to sell them outright - or keep them free for J op-ups and try to sell / oversell J (which folks may be more willing to pay).

You might still see an offer nearer to or day of departure, no?
Old Feb 22, 2024, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DirektornSE
are you 'seeing 3 unoccupied seats' or is the flight selling F3?
Old Mar 9, 2024, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Just an update.
On my BKK-DOH flight earlier this week, flying J, the whole business class was sold out, but there were 3 seats in F.
I checked in in BKK, headed to the QR lounge as usual. Flight departed from the satellite terminal so took some time to get there.
Once at checkin my PNR was rejected, and I was upgraded to First for the 6th time...

1K on A380

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.