Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overnight stopover in Doha

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2024, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Overnight stopover in Doha

I booked a biz Class award ticket on QA (using AA) from South Asia to the US. There's a 20 hr connection in DOH (essentially a night).

1) I see that QA has complimentary hotels for some transit connections, and also discounted hotel rates for some other connections. But as far as I can see, I would not be eligible for either program because I booked through AA, not directly at QA's site. Is that correct?

2) Will QA book the luggage all the way through to the US?
Old Mar 6, 2024, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Prancer
I booked a biz Class award ticket on QA (using AA) from South Asia to the US. There's a 20 hr connection in DOH (essentially a night).

1) I see that QA has complimentary hotels for some transit connections, and also discounted hotel rates for some other connections. But as far as I can see, I would not be eligible for either program because I booked through AA, not directly at QA's site. Is that correct?

2) Will QA book the luggage all the way through to the US?
The free or discounted hotels are only for QR customers (157- ticket numbers) and are subject to various additional T&Cs. But award tickets do not qualify for the free hotels anyway even if the ticket is issued by QR.

Yes they will check your bags through if it is all on one ticket, and most likely also if it is on two.
Prancer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.