Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I need 16 Qpoints before the end of May

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2024, 3:13 am
Original Poster

I need 16 Qpoints before the end of May

As the title suggests, I will need 16 Qpoints (and my SO 12 Qpoints) before the end of May to retain Gold status. I had a trip planned in March that would get me another 140 Qpoints and would get me to Platinum, but unfortunately that fell in the water last minute.
I don't mind paying $400 to buy the needed 16 Qpoints, but I thought I'd check with the experts here if there were any better (or more fun) ways to get these. I'm based in Brussels and will go to New York somewhere in March (but would prefer this trip to be with Brussels Airlines direct). Also thinking of going to the South of Europe in April (if we fly it would probably be to Nice).
Old Mar 1, 2024, 4:41 am

Weekend in London on BA on Club Europe pricing out about €350 in April and earns exactly 16 QPoints, so maybe that.

I'm not sure there's something shorter you can do being based in BRU since as far as I can tell you're going to looking at a further distance and higher cost
AR_B likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 6:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
Iberia to Madrid in Economy fare class B,H,Y 20 Qpoints at starting 263€. Iberia would also get you to many nice destination throughout Spain for your South of Europe trip,...
Old Mar 1, 2024, 10:39 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
LHR-MAD-PMI business return on BA/IB/IB Express (purchase thru BA) = 48 Qpoints for c.£200 (I did one last month)
Old Mar 1, 2024, 12:15 pm

Does IB express have the same Qpoints accrual as IB?
Old Mar 1, 2024, 1:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
according to the qpoint calculator, yes:
https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Priv...alculator.html
Old Mar 3, 2024, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for the tips! Haven't made up my mind yet, but I'm sure I'll figure it out shortly!
Old Mar 3, 2024, 4:07 am

One more thing to bear in mind, if you are going to take a trip with a partner airline to earn the points don't leave it until the last minute. Partner flights can take a while to credit to QRPC and there have been several reports here of QR using the posting date rather than the travel date.

BA used to offer some attractive day return fares on weekends so that might be worth looking for a fun day or two out (schedules permitting) without the added cost of a hotel.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KingCanute
One more thing to bear in mind, if you are going to take a trip with a partner airline to earn the points don't leave it until the last minute. Partner flights can take a while to credit to QRPC and there have been several reports here of QR using the posting date rather than the travel date.

BA used to offer some attractive day return fares on weekends so that might be worth looking for a fun day or two out (schedules permitting) without the added cost of a hotel.
Great point! My last BA flight took a few weeks to credit indeed and for a Royal Air Maroc flight last year I had to wait multiple months (it actually still hasn't been credited on my wife's account!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.