Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Involuntary Denied Boarding at Doha

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2024, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Involuntary Denied Boarding at Doha

I booked QR business from DOH-JFK with BA Avios in summer 2023, for a flight today. I landed in DOH and was greeted by someone carrying a sign with my name who told me I was bumped from the flight cause it was oversold. They gave me a hotel room in the Oryx Garden and a meal voucher for 100 QAR. They said there would be compensation but had no details and handed me a card with an email address to reach out to. The new flight was 7 hours after original flight. I have no status with QR or One world. Anyone been in a similar situation before and know what to expect comp wise?
Old Feb 29, 2024, 6:53 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
I think the compensation is circa$600.

Im Qatar platinum and they bumped me off a flight before, but I was lucky to then get it as another pass anger didn't show up. When I thought I had no choice I asked what the compensation would be and they stated noe. When they checked I am fairly certain it was $600 but that was a revenue ticket,
Old Mar 1, 2024, 5:30 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior

Im Qatar platinum and they bumped me off a flight before, but I was lucky to then get it as another pass anger didn't show up. When I thought I had no choice I asked what the compensation would be and they stated noe. When they checked I am fairly certain it was $600 but that was a revenue ticket,
They bumped you and you are Platinum? Wow!!
IntrepidAfrican2 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior

You got bumped as a QR PLat on a revenue ticket? Very surprising.

If you were on a flight departing from EU/UK then ec261/UK261 applies and QR has to provide compensation as per those rules, whether revenue or award (EUR600 for EC261).
I do not know if there is a compulsory US compensation for flight delay on DOH-USA.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 9:17 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
They bumped you and you are Platinum? Wow!!
Yes I have been Platinum for 6 years.(more luck than anything)
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by brunos
You got bumped as a QR PLat on a revenue ticket? Very surprising.

If you were on a flight departing from EU/UK then ec261/UK261 applies and QR has to provide compensation as per those rules, whether revenue or award (EUR600 for EC261).
I do not know if there is a compulsory US compensation for flight delay on DOH-USA.
Actually IDB compensation in that case.

I'm not sure if US rules govern flight to US. However from, they would've violated rules by not asking for volunteers at gate. Also IDB is a set amount under US rules.

ETA - Checked, only apply on flights from, not to US.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
They gave me $800.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
That is a nice comp. for taking a flight 7 hours later and getting hotel room + food. Would have accepted that any day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.