Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2024, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
MAR 2024
SYD-DOH
F

Old Mar 5, 2024, 2:46 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Interesting. That has all the hallmarks of a 'we can't really be bothered' wine list. Or - perhaps more charitably - a "we don't really know what we're doing" wine list.

Top notch champagne, a prestige Bordeaux, an interesting rioja, and a great port. Accompanied by 4 other reds, whites and a sticky that are totally out of place and have business class written all over them.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 4:18 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
That has all the hallmarks of ... 'we can't really be bothered' ... and business class written all over.
This basically sums up QR F these days in a nutshell sadly, no?
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Top notch champagne, a prestige Bordeaux, an interesting rioja, and a great port. Accompanied by 4 other reds, whites and a sticky that are totally out of place and have business class written all over them.
Agreed - I therefore only had the champagnes, Rioja, and port . Disappointed in the whites (and missing the Two Hands Ares Shiraz), but the QF F lounge in SYD pre-flight had an excellent Chardonnay.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 10:32 pm

MAR 2024
DOH-ZRH
Pretty standard, but nice to see the 2007 LP Alexandra still available on some routes into March 2024...

Old Mar 6, 2024, 5:52 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Not sure whether this should be in this thread or the Al Safwa thread, but is Al Safwa currently only offering two reds?
Old Mar 6, 2024, 9:40 am

Qatar Airways Flight 706 | New York (JFK) > Doha (DOH)
1:25 a.m. departure
March 2024

Cellar Menu:

Old Mar 6, 2024, 11:12 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Perhaps I’m biased because I’m USA-based, but I’m a little peeved that it seems that all routes *except* the North American ones have gotten LP Alexanderia and us yanks are stuck swilling down gosset . I have a few QR segments next month, so hopefully the good stuff will finally be available to us.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 11:30 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by fender5787
Perhaps I’m biased because I’m USA-based, but I’m a little peeved that it seems that all routes *except* the North American ones have gotten LP Alexanderia and us yanks are stuck swilling down gosset . I have a few QR segments next month, so hopefully the good stuff will finally be available to us.
Perhaps they did the math and considering one LP Alexandra bottle is probably the equivalent in price to BA’s entire wine stock for a LH J flight…

Not saying LHR/BKK isn’t usually filled with excessive drinkers either so I don’t think it’s to do with flight length or anything.

Though when I asked the Purser back in Dec (when it was re-introduced) she did mention they basically ran out stock for the 2006 vintage (we are seeing the 2007 ones now).
Old Mar 6, 2024, 11:43 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by nomadabroad
Perhaps they did the math and considering one LP Alexandra bottle is probably the equivalent in price to BA’s entire wine stock for a LH J flight…

Not saying LHR/BKK isn’t usually filled with excessive drinkers either so I don’t think it’s to do with flight length or anything.

Though when I asked the Purser back in Dec (when it was re-introduced) she did mention they basically ran out stock for the 2006 vintage (we are seeing the 2007 ones now).
Very true. I’ve never really noticed that many excessive drinkers on the USA flights compared to European and Asian flights. But again, anecdotal evidence so who knows the metrics. I do believe, however, the last time I was served LP Alexandria on QR (last June I believe) it was the 2007 but earlier in 2023 it def was 2006.

And as a slightly off topic aside, on a QR 380 flight to BKK last year, there was a group of (very friendly) brits in the bar chugging down LP Alexandria faster than a frat guy drinking jungle juice at the delta chi daylong! Good fun but I figure the LHR and BKK 380 flights must go through a ton of that to say the least.

Last edited by fender5787; Mar 6, 2024 at 4:41 pm
Old Mar 6, 2024, 11:52 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC

And as a slightly off topic aside, on the only QR 380 flight I’ve taken to BKK last year, there was a group of (very friendly) brits in the bar chugging down LP Alexandria faster than a frat guy drinking jungle juice at the delta chi daylong! Good fun but I figure the LHR and BKK 380 flights must go through a ton of that to say the least.
I was the only one drinking on my last CGK flight in Jan and FA was keen to not waste the bottle with constant top-ups (end up finishing the whole bottle myself). It’s probably the best J champagne on offer at the moment (except EVA with LPGS on their JFK/CDG flights).
Old Mar 6, 2024, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
Not sure whether this should be in this thread or the Al Safwa thread, but is Al Safwa currently only offering two reds?
Yes, only 2. Both very average - the Shiraz is slightly better than the French red.

Very true. I’ve never really noticed that many excessive drinkers on the USA flights compared to European and Asian flights. But again, anecdotal evidence so who knows the metrics. I do believe, however, the last time I was served LP Alexandria on QR (last June I believe) it was the 2007 but earlier in 2023 it def was 2007.
Agreed - the LP Alexandria 2006 ran out earlier in 2023 (on Lufthansa too).
Old Mar 6, 2024, 1:27 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nomadabroad

DFW-DOH with no Alexandria Rose; but DOH-HAN with Alexandria Rose....go figure.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 4:33 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Cuvée Alexandra
seanp7 and HaleiwaFlyer like this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by remymartin
Cuvée Alexandra
Ahhh…but seeing how this label has become nearly Ptolemaic for many us of, that there’s been a veritable library of posts about it, and when it’s on QR wine list, I feel like a sailor seeing the lighthouse that this label is, emerging out of the darkness that’s the rest of the list, I don’t see the problem calling it Alexandria….(sorry, I’ll stop with the horrible history puns)
seanp7 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.