QR Wine Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2024, 9:24 am
Ambassador: Emirates
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
QR Wine Thread

As a mirror of the ever popular EK Wine Thread, I thought I’d post some thoughts here on the QR wine selection.

have taken 4 sectors in 2024 (well, 2 pending) and have been happy with the choices.

LP Alexandra Rose Champagne is hands down the best J Champagne served anywhere.

I also appreciated the 2011 Biondi Santi Brunello (their midrange) in Al Safwa.

other experiences and photos welcome. Especially F as I will have the chance to fly that product ex-LHR later this year.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 10:39 am

Programs: AC 25k, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, National EE
Is LP Alexandra currently served on NA routes? Would love to have some on my upcoming YUL flight.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 9:33 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

I’m only seeing it on UK routes but it could be throughout Europe.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 10:44 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
About the Cuvée Alexandra 2007. I had it on CDG route, and a friend of mine thoroughly enjoyed it on DPS-DOH.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 6:40 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by kovy42
Is LP Alexandra currently served on NA routes? Would love to have some on my upcoming YUL flight.
I had it both on LHR and CGK flights last month, was the only one drinking on the CGK flight so FA insisted I finish the whole bottle to not let it go to waste
seanp7 and Matt4 like this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 4:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by kovy42
Unfortunately, no. I believe Gosset Grand Rosé is currently the rosé Champagne on the NA routes. Still very nice for a J wine offering, but not nearly as good as the LP Alexandra.

-FlyerBeek
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 4:45 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Cpt-doh 20/01/24

seanp7 and FlightDetective like this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 4:46 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Sorry about the random order of the list above. Similar wine on most African routes this month I believe.

Stand out wine sadly didn’t upload but it’s the Chateau Bouscaut 2014 for me. Chardonnay was also good. Third place was the Chilean Syrah. Also they are serving Whispering Angel on these African flights for those who drink 'lady petrol'.

Last edited by sydtogla; Jan 20, 2024 at 6:50 am
Old Jan 21, 2024, 8:15 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Thanks for starting this thread - great idea!

I'm flying QR F next month and will post the highlights late Feb. I noticed in the 2024 F Menu thread that the Shiraz, Ares, Two Hands Barossa Valley Shiraz 2014, Australia is still being served. This is an astonishingly good red - I hope it remains around a bit longer.
FlightDetective and sydtogla like this.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 10:35 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Alexandra on QR33 today. Must have got through nearly 2 bottles!

Deep orange hues of LP Alexandra 2007 Rosé
seanp7 and FlightDetective like this.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 11:40 am

Smile

[QUOTE=sydtogla;35928940]Alexandra on QR33 today. Must have got through nearly 2 bottles!

Mrs machotspur and I are on QR006 LHR-Doha on Friday - first J Q Suites for a while. As you have vailantly 'taken one for the team' with your consumption levels it would be ungracious of us not to keep up a similar pace.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by seanp7

I'm flying QR F next month and will post the highlights late Feb. I noticed in the 2024 F Menu thread that the Shiraz, Ares, Two Hands Barossa Valley Shiraz 2014, Australia is still being served. This is an astonishingly good red - I hope it remains around a bit longer.
I'm flying DOH-SYD in F in just over a week.

I'll post the details probably on 3 February, so keep an eye out for it. I'm really looking forward to it!
seanp7 and onenation1994a like this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by seanp7

Good to see someone on FT who can appreciate a good wine that isn’t from Bordeaux or Burgundy 😁. I just finished a bottle of Coach House Block bought at the cellar door in 2013.
seanp7 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 10:58 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

I'd be keen to see the wine offering on QR 'F' products that are not the standard A380 F cabins (i.e intra-gulf flights). Given that AS is available on such tickets at the airport, I'd be curious to know if they are serving premium wines on those routes. Given that some of those flights are dry...
Old Jan 24, 2024, 12:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Originally Posted by sydtogla
I'd be keen to see the wine offering on QR 'F' products that are not the standard A380 F cabins (i.e intra-gulf flights). Given that AS is available on such tickets at the airport, I'd be curious to know if they are serving premium wines on those routes. Given that some of those flights are dry...
From memory, the wines on my last couple of intra-gulf F's was very similar to longhaul J - certainly the same Bordeaux. They didn't have the LP Alexandra rose on the last one at least. I don't usually drink on those as usually I have a longhaul coming up and time to kill in AS, but I'm 90% sure the flights aren't dry... I recall at least one offer of specifically a list of non-alcoholic drinks once on a flight from KWI, but a request for alcohol was promptly answered with an 'of course'.
sydtogla likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.