Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Wine Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2024, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by sydtogla
I'd be keen to see the wine offering on QR 'F' products that are not the standard A380 F cabins (i.e intra-gulf flights). Given that AS is available on such tickets at the airport, I'd be curious to know if they are serving premium wines on those routes. Given that some of those flights are dry...
It's a trimmed-down menu like this one, with premium spirits, certainly. The intra-UAE flights are not dry. I remember being quite shocked getting full service, including pre-departure champagne, meal, drinks - for a 35 min F flight AUH-DOH...

I don't recall the actual wines, apologies.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 4:39 am
Ambassador: Emirates
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by seanp7
It's a trimmed-down menu like this one, with premium spirits, certainly. The intra-UAE flights are not dry. I remember being quite shocked getting full service, including pre-departure champagne, meal, drinks - for a 35 min F flight AUH-DOH...

I don't recall the actual wines, apologies.
Its essentially the complete opposite of intra-EU carriers then!
seanp7 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by sydtogla
I'd be keen to see the wine offering on QR 'F' products that are not the standard A380 F cabins (i.e intra-gulf flights)...
I can confirm that the 2007 Laurent Perrier Alexandra Rose was available flying DOH-AUH yesterday. At 32 minutes of flying time, I cannot think of a shorter commercial flight serving better Champagne (except, perhaps, DOH-BAH in QR F)!

-FlyerBeek
seanp7 and remymartin like this.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 11:47 am

Except for the LP Alexandra the wines on QR and in the Doha lounges aren't that great at the moment. Also, beware of the flights where they have Duval-Leroy Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru on the menu! I ordered it on 2 different flights and both times they served the regular Brut Reserve, which isn't nearly as good.

I must say they are a few interesting wines by the glass in the Louis Vuitton lounge right now such as Dom Perignon Plenitude P2 and 2015 Moet & Chandon Grand Vintage + a few nice Burgundies. I thought I hit the jackpot when I saw they had a 2020 Domaine Jacques Prieur Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru on the menu for 120QAR ($30) by the glass, but 5 minutes after I ordered it they said the wine wasn't available anymore (I think a bottle retails for well over $400 - if you can find it). Clearly they messed up on the pricing with this one.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 9:53 am

Programs: QATAR PRIVILEGE CLUB
LP Alexandra was on both my FCO-DOH and DOH-FCO flights, more than welcome
oxfordjames and seanp7 like this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 5:06 pm

Does anyone know if LP Alexandra is served on Australian routes? Doing MEL - DOH - LHR in J next week.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by am0985
Does anyone know if LP Alexandra is served on Australian routes? Doing MEL - DOH - LHR in J next week.
Yes, it should be there. It's on the F menu in a recent DOH-SYD post. Please report back!
am0985 likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 5:44 pm

Yes, it should be there. It's on the F menu in a recent DOH-SYD post. Please report back!
If it's on the F menu will it be on the J menu too?
Old Feb 9, 2024, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by am0985
If it's on the F menu will it be on the J menu too?
Yes. I googled a Jan 2024 SYD-DOH review for you, and it was also served in J. You might be able to google some more. Please report your wine menu here after you fly. Thanks.
am0985 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 11:36 pm

Programs: AA OW
QR725 DOH-ORD Feb 11

Champagne's

Laurent Perrier La Cuvee
Gosset Grand Rose

Carmel Road Monterey Chardonnay 2021
Blind River Sauvignon Blanc 2023
Whispering Angel Rose 2022

Chateau Gruaud Larose Sarget 2012
Yalumba Barossa Shiraz 2022
Albert Bichot Moulin a Vent Le Roc Domaine 2021

Desert Chateau de Fesles Bonnezeaux 2016
Port Niepoort

The prior day Feb 10 on QR943 SIN-DOH at 10:55am they did have LP Alexandra Rose 2007. The white was Duval-Leroy Prestige Blanc de Blanca Brut Grand Cru which I didn't try but wish I had.

The menus were special Year of the Dragon that were extra nice printed with foil and embossed cover.
seanp7 likes this.

Last edited by ClearedAF; Feb 12, 2024 at 8:18 am Reason: Add SIN-DOH
Old Feb 11, 2024, 4:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Yes. I googled a Jan 2024 SYD-DOH review for you, and it was also served in J. You might be able to google some more. Please report your wine menu here after you fly. Thanks.
I did DOH-ADL last weekend and SYD-DOH last night and no LP Alexandra on either flight.
seanp7 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
So in-flight J wines are better than those in Al Safwa these days then?? I need to invert my "sleep on the plane, drink in the lounge" approach on my next flight by the looks :-/
lowfareair likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 1:52 am
Ambassador: Emirates
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by drwook
So in-flight J wines are better than those in Al Safwa these days then?? I need to invert my "sleep on the plane, drink in the lounge" approach on my next flight by the looks :-/
AS pouring Biondi Santi middle wine at the moment. Exceptional.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 7:42 am

QR150, MAD-DOH, J class
Feb 22
LP Alexandra available as PDB and in the air. Full menu was identical to this post.

Champagne
drwook likes this.

Last edited by seanp7; Feb 22, 2024 at 4:08 pm
Old Feb 24, 2024, 2:54 am

QR 908
DOH-SYD
F
Feb 2024

Highlights were both champagnes, the Spanish Rioja (2016 Benjamin de Rothschild & Vega Sicilia Macan), and the 40yo Port.

Delicious!

Last edited by seanp7; Feb 24, 2024 at 9:37 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.