Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Best DOH Shower Option For OWS? (P fare, no access to Al Mourjan)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2022, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

I accidentally booked a P fare on my return flight but I'm OWS therefore the only real impact (apart from earn rate) is the lack of Al Mourjan access. I typically don't eat in the lounge and really just use it to have a shower. Looks like I have access to the Gold and Silver lounges - any experiences with the showers there?

The online lounge pre-purchase option is currently only showing Oryx but I am not sure it's worth paying $66USD for Oryx or (maybe) a walk up $97USD Al Mourjan rate just to shower. Looks like there are some PP shower options as well. My layover is 3.5hrs.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 11:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Platinum lounge is "ok" depending how busy it is on your visit. The showers, two of them, are in the bathroom area. There are only shower stalls, no toilet in the rooms and no blowdryers. On one visit the lounge was empty and it was a pleasant experience. Second visit it was crowded and difficult to get a shower. This was last week.

It's a hard transition from Al Safwa and Al Mourjan to these lounges. We transit DOH 6-12 times per year. I am OWE.

I've not visited the Oryx lounge but it looks horrible from the online pics and reviews, even compared to Platinum Lounge

Last edited by LoungeLizardHugo; Dec 10, 2022 at 11:24 pm
Old Dec 11, 2022, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
It's a hard transition from Al Safwa and Al Mourjan to these lounges. We transit DOH 6-12 times per year. I am OWE.
Thank you. Maybe it is worth the $97 for Al Mourjan if they have space - else skip the shower!
Old Dec 12, 2022, 1:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by callsignapollo
Thank you. Maybe it is worth the $97 for Al Mourjan if they have space - else skip the shower!
If I had a 2-8 hour layover I'd pay $97 for AM. Any longer, I do the Oryx airport hotel.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 3:07 am

Programs: Complete Pleb, former BAEC Gold, former MH Silver
I visited both lounges a few months back, both perfectly reasonable places to pass the time.

Ironically (for men) the Platinum Lounge only has two busy showers (understand more for the ladies) where as the Gold Lounge had more (4 I think).

For sure the lounges aren't too the level of AM (which I've visited that many times) but they have a reasonable bar, basic food and snack, WiFi and seats.

​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.