Early check in SIN

Old Jul 21, 18, 9:25 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 191
Early check in SIN

I have a flight 0220 from SIN to DOH but I would like to check in early. There is a flight leaving 2120. Would it be possible to arrive around 2000 and check in for the 0220 flight? I am flying in C and am a OneWorld Emerald
TravelManBiz is offline  
Old Jul 21, 18, 9:59 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 787
You can check in any time in Singapore. Early Check in is offered in Singapore Changi Airport.
RA-wannabe is offline  
Old Jul 21, 18, 10:44 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 191
Yes, I checked that. But Qatar is not listed as one of the airlines that offer early check in. That is why I asked if someone has any experience regarding this.
TravelManBiz is offline  
Old Mar 28, 19, 3:54 am
  #4  
Ritz-Carlton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: EDI, CGK
Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold
Posts: 1,768
Hello, Iím flying the same itinerary as the OP tomorrow, and I was wondering if anyone has any insight on this?

I have the same circumstances as OP (flying J and OWE), but taking the 8 pm flight.

thanks!
clubeurope is offline  
Old Mar 28, 19, 4:53 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LHR
Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,050
Qatar doesn't participate in the early check-in scheme at SIN unfortunately - and recently the OLCI for flights departing SIN has not generated the boarding pass - so you will likely need to go to the QR counters regardless if you have luggage to check. The counters open 3 hours before the flight, so plan accordingly!
clubeurope likes this.
purple1addict is online now  
Old Mar 28, 19, 6:56 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: qr
Posts: 211
cannot comment on SIN but my experience at another airport late last year that has multiple daily flights did not allow me to check my bags in early or issue BP. was told quite sternly that I had to come back 3 hours before departure time to check in despite the flight before being checked in as I stood and had the conversation. May be not like that at all airports but that was my experience.
clubeurope likes this.
tav1989 is offline  
Old Mar 29, 19, 12:03 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Frankfurt
Programs: QR Platinum
Posts: 206
Last time I checked in in SIN was in October 18. QR had an early CI-counter which opened 4 hours before departure compared to 3 hours for the "regular" counters.
purple1addict and clubeurope like this.
toz100 is offline  
Old Mar 29, 19, 2:45 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 140
Originally Posted by toz100 View Post
Last time I checked in in SIN was in October 18. QR had an early CI-counter which opened 4 hours before departure compared to 3 hours for the "regular" counters.
Thanks, very good to know! ☺
clubeurope likes this.
Knodde is offline  
Old Mar 29, 19, 5:48 am
  #9  
Accor Contributor BadgeRitz-Carlton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: EDI, CGK
Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold
Posts: 1,768
thanks for the replies everyone!

I arrived around 4 hours before departure and indeed the counter was open for an "early check-in". Though that said, only one counter was open and it was swarmed... There are no priority check-in counters at this time, only for them to open at T-3 hours. The queue was around 1 hour long and I ended up sitting by the Coffee Bean Stall waiting for an hour just for the Business class counter to open because there was no point in waiting. The J counters ended up opening T-3hours 15 minutes.
clubeurope is offline  
Old Mar 29, 19, 5:51 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Frankfurt
Programs: QR Platinum
Posts: 206
Originally Posted by clubeurope View Post
thanks for the replies everyone!

I arrived around 4 hours before departure and indeed the counter was open for an "early check-in". Though that said, only one counter was open and it was swarmed... There are no priority check-in counters at this time, only for them to open at T-3 hours. The queue was around 1 hour long and I ended up sitting by the Coffee Bean Stall waiting for an hour just for the Business class counter to open because there was no point in waiting. The J counters ended up opening T-3hours 15 minutes.

Too bad. Sorry if I made you come earlier!
toz100 is offline  
Old Mar 30, 19, 3:06 am
  #11  
Accor Contributor BadgeRitz-Carlton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: EDI, CGK
Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold
Posts: 1,768
Originally Posted by toz100 View Post
Too bad. Sorry if I made you come earlier!
not at all! It was all good in the end
clubeurope is offline  
Old Mar 30, 19, 2:56 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 140
Originally Posted by clubeurope View Post
not at all! It was all good in the end
Regardless I will repeat this exercise in a couple of weeks, at some point I am sure there will be great success!!
Knodde is offline  
Old Mar 31, 19, 8:35 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: AMS
Programs: BAEC Gold, Flying Blue Peon, TK M&S Nobody
Posts: 627
First time leaving SIN: is there priority security at the gate? On arrival there were some long lines (though Iím sure they didnít actually take super long)
etiene is offline  
Old Apr 2, 19, 9:33 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Singapore
Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), SPG (Gold), MR (Gold)
Posts: 2,715
Originally Posted by etiene View Post
First time leaving SIN: is there priority security at the gate? On arrival there were some long lines (though Iím sure they didnít actually take super long)
No, there isnít. My practice is to try to time my arrival at security so that the majority of passengers have gone through already and just queue a minute or two. Maybe 30 minutes maximum prior to scheduled departure time (I sometimes cut it slightly finer than that).
User Name is offline  
Old Apr 2, 19, 9:55 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: AMS
Programs: BAEC Gold, Flying Blue Peon, TK M&S Nobody
Posts: 627
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
No, there isnít. My practice is to try to time my arrival at security so that the majority of passengers have gone through already and just queue a minute or two. Maybe 30 minutes maximum prior to scheduled departure time (I sometimes cut it slightly finer than that).
Thanks, though there was in fact one last night at D34. Jumped a long-ish queue only to have the pilots pull even higher rank...! We were rather earlier than necessary though.
etiene is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread