Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Can you still "upgrade" to the F lounge when flying QR J through DOH?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2022, 4:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I have a long layover in DOH, flying QR J, used to be you could go to the first class lounge and pay for access if you were in J on QR metal. Does it still work like that? A dayroom bed would be nice.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 4:53 pm
THR

You will probably find your answer in here: QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

But otherwise youll need to share how you are ticketed (direct with QR or via a third party, paid or reward, etc).
Old Sep 26, 2022, 8:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by THR
You will probably find your answer in here: QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

But otherwise youll need to share how you are ticketed (direct with QR or via a third party, paid or reward, etc).
This says only F tickets, in the past as noted if you were flying J you could pay a fee to enter. It makes no mention of whether or not this still works. I know as a OWE on a QR J flight I am not entitled to access the lounge for free. I was wondering if the policy of allowing a payment to grant QR J pax entrance is still in place. There's nothing helpful in that wiki re my Q.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 8:34 pm

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, WY Gold, Delta Silver Medallion
Welcome to this episode of AlSafwa/AlMourjan roulette sponsored by Qatar Airways! Will you get in the lounge or not? Place your bets viewers!

But, yes, I do believe you do get to purchase lounge access into AS, unless you're booked in the Business Lite fare segment, when you're ineligible to access AS even when trying to pay your way through.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 8:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by B744F14C172
This says only F tickets, in the past as noted if you were flying J you could pay a fee to enter. It makes no mention of whether or not this still works. I know as a OWE on a QR J flight I am not entitled to access the lounge for free. I was wondering if the policy of allowing a payment to grant QR J pax entrance is still in place. There's nothing helpful in that wiki re my Q.
There is useful information - it matters about your fare class and ticketing airline etc.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 11:21 pm
THR

Obviously you didn't bother to read the thread.

You also didn't bother to provide the other details I mentioned.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 2:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by THR

All 186 pages of it
Old Sep 27, 2022, 3:17 am

Programs: AA LP pleb, QR Plat., Bonvoy Ti, IHG Diamond Amb, Foolish Hoarder of Miles, Fid. Def.
I am connecting through DOH in J today, and was given (and took) the option for access to Al Safwa about two weeks prior to departure. $137.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 3:17 am

Programs: AA LP pleb, QR Plat., Bonvoy Ti, IHG Diamond Amb, Foolish Hoarder of Miles, Fid. Def.
Did the same back in June, btw. No headaches then, hopefully none now.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:30 am
THR

Originally Posted by Agent69
All 186 pages of it
I think it is evident he didnt even read the last page.
SilverChris likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 9:59 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by THR

All 148 pages, no. I read the wiki at the top, which theoretically should have the info summarized.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by NavSTL
I am connecting through DOH in J today, and was given (and took) the option for access to Al Safwa about two weeks prior to departure. $137.
Im passing through Saturday, offered access to AS at 120, which seemed OK for 7 hours.

One thing i found out on the way out speaking to the crew was that you need a Covid test to get into Doha (not self administered), which i have often done in the past.
So looking forward to see if its any good
Old Oct 3, 2022, 12:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stewaran
Im passing through Saturday, offered access to AS at 120, which seemed OK for 7 hours.

One thing i found out on the way out speaking to the crew was that you need a Covid test to get into Doha (not self administered), which i have often done in the past.
So looking forward to see if its any good
no test for transit pax right?
Old Oct 3, 2022, 4:34 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

No test.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 3:02 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Correct , and I though Al safwa was a vert nice place to kill a few hours

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.