Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Airways Can't find my payment after an error on the website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2022, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I basically have the same issue as a post here with the title "Qatar cant find my payment after error in app."(I can't add url) but this thread does not contain the resolution for the issue.
Summary:
1. Paid with IDEAL with my bank
2. The money was cut from my bank and paid to the bank of their partner who handles that IDEAL payment for qatar airways
3. Redirected to the QA website and a payment error shows up "We are unable to process your payment request at this time..."

I've contacted my bank and IDEAL and there are no issues on their side. An email from IDEAL mentioned that the most likely problem is between Qatar airways and their payment service provider WORLDPAY. I've been constantly communicating with QA's customer service but since last week they have only replied to me that the case has been escalated to finance. What else can I do here? it has been 2 weeks since the payment is made.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC
At the moment you have an unfulfilled contract with Qatar, they claim they can't see that you have paid for something. And because there is no ticket issued there is (in their eyes) no contract formed you are at the whim of customer service, and their processes to assist you will be painful and slow.

You have an ongoing contract with IDEAL and your bank. They have a responsibility to you to assist you with payment issues as per their terms and conditions.

I am not certain what jurisdiction you're in, but I would be going after your bank and/or IDEAL to assist you with your missing money for products or services that have not been provided.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Good luck. Somehow my payment got denied with no notice to me, and I lost out on a ticket I spent weeks searching for. Good luck with their reps, I found them to be condescending for something that was obviously a fault on their end. Amazing how they have such great service in the sky but terrible IT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.