Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change Avios Award Booking

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2023, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Is there any benefit in booking with QR vs. BA for an award J ticket if I may need to change or cancel the ticket? Seems like both have similar policies, and I should get my avios refunded.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 6:46 am

Programs: SQ, QR, CX, AA, UA
Originally Posted by LHSEN
I am unable to make any change online even though when trying a new redemption booking, the flights I wanted are available … anyone encountered the same? It‘s just a date change, no routing and no class of service change.
Yes, just experienced the same thing. Also could not change date even by calling QR. A simple date change, with award inventory available on the new date, but phone rep said the availability doesn't show for a rebooking. Apparently it's a different code than a new award booking. Fortunately, my super-genius wife had enough Avios in her QR account for me to grab the new ticket that way and just cxl the original.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by HariOm
Yes, just experienced the same thing. Also could not change date even by calling QR. A simple date change, with award inventory available on the new date, but phone rep said the availability doesn't show for a rebooking. Apparently it's a different code than a new award booking. Fortunately, my super-genius wife had enough Avios in her QR account for me to grab the new ticket that way and just cxl the original.
Did you get charged $25 cancel fee and ~$100 booking fee when you canceled?
Old Nov 15, 2023, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by fr33b13
Did you get charged $25 cancel fee and ~$100 booking fee when you canceled?
Just the $25 "award fee".
Old Nov 16, 2023, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by HariOm
Just the $25 "award fee".
Oh wow! So you got back all the taxes you paid including the "non-refundable" booking fee?
Old Nov 16, 2023, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by fr33b13
Oh wow! So you got back all the taxes you paid including the "non-refundable" booking fee?
Only got charged the $25. Standard procedure, in my experience. Have done this a handful of times

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.