Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Doha Oryx Airport Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2022, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
Who knows. Nobody seems to know how to even book a room, even though its supposed to be open. Sorry.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 10:40 pm
R2

I wrote to them and got this reply:
Thank you for the mail and please be informed that the Oryx Garden Hotel is currently not available for bookings.

And also, at the Oryx Airport Hotel, We regret to inform you the hotel has been blocked for November to December as a preparation for the big event. However, we can place you on a waitlist and get back to you once we have confirmed availability on your travel date.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 2:00 am

Programs: Some
There are a couple of recent reviews on TripAdvisor of stays at the Oryx Garden Hotel in the Oryx Hotel thread - perhaps they are sending some people booked at the Oryx Hotel there?
Old Sep 30, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
I also got the same reply. The Oryx (possibly both of them) are not taking any bookings in November or December because of the World Cup - although for the life of me I can't understand how a transit hotel inside security would be of any use as World Cup accomodation.

Very annoying as I have a 13 hour layover on 8th November that I wanted to book a room for and have been "wait listed" for (whatever that means) - and that date is nearly two weeks before the WC starts.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 8:10 pm

Programs: Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by MikeManx
Does anyone know how to book the new Oryx Garden Hotel? I can't find any reservation link for it.

I have a 13 hour layover on November 8th and the main Oryx hotel are not allowing booking in November or December (not sure why as it can't really be used by World Cup visitors with it being a transit hotel).
Did a walkin on the Oryx Garden last night about 18h00. Plenty of availability (normal Oryx was booked out). Here is the kicker: much better than normal Oryx as it is brand new and the rooms remind me of the Al Safwa (especially the bathrooms). Also, QAR650 per night which is cheaper than the normal Oryx as well.

Nor sure how long this will go on for as I believe the availability is due to people not knowing it is there and currently a bit hidden near the unopened new section of Hamad. No online booking as yet.

Old Oct 5, 2022, 9:03 pm

Programs: QR Platinum / SQ Gold
Originally Posted by souledge_za
Did a walkin on the Oryx Garden last night about 18h00. Plenty of availability (normal Oryx was booked out). Here is the kicker: much better than normal Oryx as it is brand new and the rooms remind me of the Al Safwa (especially the bathrooms). Also, QAR650 per night which is cheaper than the normal Oryx as well.

Nor sure how long this will go on for as I believe the availability is due to people not knowing it is there and currently a bit hidden near the unopened new section of Hamad. No online booking as yet.

Thank you for sharing! I will transfer with a long layover (approx. 20 hours) end of October. I already booked the “normal” Oryx Transit Hotel but if possible I will cancel and re-book at the Oryx Garden. Do you think I will be able to reserve a room if I go directly to the hotel during my transit Outbound flight (one week earlier before my stay) or is your impression walk-in bookings? Would you mind to share more information about the location?
Old Oct 6, 2022, 12:38 am

Programs: Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by Yenakad
Thank you for sharing! I will transfer with a long layover (approx. 20 hours) end of October. I already booked the “normal” Oryx Transit Hotel but if possible I will cancel and re-book at the Oryx Garden. Do you think I will be able to reserve a room if I go directly to the hotel during my transit Outbound flight (one week earlier before my stay) or is your impression walk-in bookings? Would you mind to share more information about the location?
It's worth a try, they were very helpful at the desk which was fully manned with 2 or 3 members of staff checking people in. I got the impression that they are fully functional but are waiting for their online booking system/presence to be finished.

If you go towards the new north node near the D and E gates you will see signs for the Duty Free North Area. The signs also include Oryx Garden Hotel now pointing you towards the desk. It will be in front of the tropical garden/waterfall (when it opens) and beneath Al Mourjan North (when it opens), the desk said both of these should be open within the next 2 weeks.
Yenakad and Loungeabout like this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 12:11 am

Programs: Delta DM 1MM, AA Plat 2 MM, Marriott Ambassador & LTP, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Hilton Gold, United Silver
does anyone have contact info for the Oryx Garden?
Old Oct 10, 2022, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by shaown
does anyone have contact info for the Oryx Garden?
I did asked the Oryx team if they can send me the contact info for the Oryx Garden and that's the reply I obtain :

At the moment we are not taking reservations or waiting list for the Oryx Garden Hotel.
I assume they will not open any reservation for november and december if they have the same policy as the main Oryx hotel (all rooms blocked for the WC).
Old Oct 16, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: AA Platinum; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Zebulon
I did asked the Oryx team if they can send me the contact info for the Oryx Garden and that's the reply I obtain :

I assume they will not open any reservation for november and december if they have the same policy as the main Oryx hotel (all rooms blocked for the WC).
It still doesn't make sense to me for them to block all rooms for the WC. It doesn't appear as though Oryx is one of the hotels that is a part of the official accommodation website, nor would attendees really want to have to go through security/immigration on a daily basis. Hopefully someone is transiting soon after Nov 1 and can provide an update.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
There not blocked for the World Cup, they are blocked because of it so during irregular operations transit passenger have somewhere to stay as there will be no hotels available in Doha to accommodate anyone.
GarudaSoars and nexusCFX like this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: AA Platinum; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Oryx Airport Hotel is now showing room availability from Nov 1 - Nov 16!
Zebulon likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 2:22 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

If one has the option, the Oryx Garden seems like the obvious choice.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 3:11 am

But we still don't know how to book the Oryx Garden, or somebody manage to secure a reservation?
Old Oct 24, 2022, 12:20 am

Emailed them and they said Oryx Garden still being withheld.

If anyone wants to book Oryx, go through hotelscombined and then Agoda for a nice discount. Was almost $100 usd cheaper than what they quoted direct.
dayone likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.