Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Entry into Qatar

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2022, 12:33 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
A one day visit to Doha last weekend. Only passports were checked or arrival and departure. A lot of wasted time filling out the various forms and paying for tests.
roadwarriorafrica likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 2:08 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by LPQ
A one day visit to Doha last weekend. Only passports were checked or arrival and departure. A lot of wasted time filling out the various forms and paying for tests.
Although I agree with your point did the airline not check the tests?
Old Oct 27, 2022, 2:24 pm

Are the Qatar crew still wearing masks?

Are we saying that no covid tests are now required to enter Qatar? It seemed to be horribly complex.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 9:44 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Moonstone1234
Are we saying that no covid tests are now required to enter Qatar? It seemed to be horribly complex.
COVID tests are at the time of writing still required but will no longer be required from 1st November 2022. You will be required to have the Etherhaz app to enter s medical facility and if you have COVID whilst in Qatar you are required to self-quarantine.

The official guidance is easy to read https://covid19.moph.gov.qa/EN/trave...s/default.aspx
brunos likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 1:55 am

Shame it wasnt done before as I avoided staying in Doha on the way to Saigon in Jan 23. We looked at a stop over for 2-3 days and it got so complex we swerved it and are flying straight through.

Interesting to see whether the crew are still wearing masks. They must hate it - or maybe they dont and they feel more protected wearing one.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 2:52 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
Originally Posted by plunet
Although I agree with your point did the airline not check the tests?
I checked in online so didn't have any contact with Qatar check in staff.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 9:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LPQ
I checked in online so didn't have any contact with Qatar check in staff.
It was quite unusual even pre-COVID to avoid any sort of document check if you did OLCI so that's surprising.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.