Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR First Class Booked DOH-MLE on CX Leased Aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Originally Posted by bacxow
**Bump**

Flying from the US to Maldives on Qatar this weekend and am wondering if anyone was asked by QR staff to present any form of testing documents since Maldives lifted their testing requirements?

I am concerned about inconsistency amongst Qatar staff on Maldives no longer needing testing documentation.
(Note our party is fully vaccinated and will not be leaving Doha airport during the transit)
The Qatar websites states

Transit through Doha

Passengers who are transiting through Doha, and not leaving the airport, are not required to present any test results or certifications above the requirements of their departure or destination country.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 2:15 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Singapore Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by bacxow
**Bump**

Flying from the US to Maldives on Qatar this weekend and am wondering if anyone was asked by QR staff to present any form of testing documents since Maldives lifted their testing requirements?

I am concerned about inconsistency amongst Qatar staff on Maldives no longer needing testing documentation.
(Note our party is fully vaccinated and will not be leaving Doha airport during the transit)
Not sure about DOH, but EK staff at DXB did ask for them. I had vaccine docs with me, but I asked them to review updated documentation just in case the next folks through left their docs behind. It's a rapidly evolving world out there.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Singapore Krisflyer Gold
I know this is a first-class focused thread, but just an FYI that the flights on leased CX planes have 4 rows with a Premium Economy hard product. Rows 31-34 are in a 2-4-2 config and may be selected by QR and OW elites like any other economy seat. They're quite comfortable and offer plenty of leg room and pitch. Not exactly a first class experience, but it's a inexpensive and comfortable way to pass the 4+ hours between DOH and MLE for those who may be interested.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 9:46 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by wb2020
I know this is a first-class focused thread, but just an FYI that the flights on leased CX planes have 4 rows with a Premium Economy hard product. Rows 31-34 are in a 2-4-2 config and may be selected by QR and OW elites like any other economy seat. They're quite comfortable and offer plenty of leg room and pitch. Not exactly a first class experience, but it's a inexpensive and comfortable way to pass the 4+ hours between DOH and MLE for those who may be interested.
Was able to select these seats on an economy leg MLE-DOH. Quite familiar with them from some CX AA mileage runs pre-covid. More than sufficient for the 4 hour flight (though quite the contrast to F the other direction haha)
Old Apr 17, 2022, 12:03 am

Any recent experiences to share?
Old Apr 17, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by standbyalldtime
Any recent experiences to share?
What do you want to know?

I did QR672 earlier this week, flying out on QR673 tomorrow.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation

How was the catering/amenities? Pajamas? Any menu or food pics?

I had my CX F tickets cancelled during covid so this is my consolation prize
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:15 am
kkl

Are you flying F out of MLE connecting to a J flight? Confirming AS lounge access?

Thanks
Old Apr 19, 2022, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by kkl
Are you flying F out of MLE connecting to a J flight? Confirming AS lounge access?

Thanks
I was F connecting to F so can’t help with that unfortunately but I don’t see why you wouldn’t have access - the rule now seems to be even a one hour F flight connecting to J gets Al Safwa access currently.

QR672 (DOH-MLE) - pajamas and amenity kit, meal service was dinner (with caviar) and then breakfast before landing, full F class wine list stocked
QR673 (MLE-DOH) - amenity kit, pajamas not offered but crew went and found some when I asked, meal service was dinner (with caviar), full F class wine list stocked

Happy to share menus and food pics when I get chance. Catering out of MLE was surprisingly good, not really different in quality to DOH.
SW7London likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Hello so right now how does one find out which flights are the ex CX planes? Also, is an A380 in F better than the old CX planes? the 36 inches wide seat is intriguing but so is an A380. My only 380 exp is on BA F. I'm looking at a Europe to Doha in F flight and can position out of anywhere in Europe to get the Cx plane but curious if you all think just going from London on the A380 is better?
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:00 pm

I was F connecting to F so can’t help with that unfortunately but I don’t see why you wouldn’t have access - the rule now seems to be even a one hour F flight connecting to J gets Al Safwa access currently.

QR672 (DOH-MLE) - pajamas and amenity kit, meal service was dinner (with caviar) and then breakfast before landing, full F class wine list stocked
QR673 (MLE-DOH) - amenity kit, pajamas not offered but crew went and found some when I asked, meal service was dinner (with caviar), full F class wine list stocked

Happy to share menus and food pics when I get chance. Catering out of MLE was surprisingly good, not really different in quality to DOH.
Is there any word as to if this new rule is just a Covid thing and will go back or is this here to stay where I can be doing DXB-DOH for a 45 minute flight arriving in F then get AS before my 16 hour J flight home?
Old Apr 25, 2022, 10:58 pm

Would love to see those menus and pics if it's not too much trouble
Old Apr 26, 2022, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Plenty of pics earlier on in the thread:

Old May 4, 2022, 1:52 am

I have to decide between A380 in F or 777 in F. Cant decide.. Just curious what you all recommend.. The ex CX planes interest me for the nostalgia and the super wide seat and the 6 person cabin, an aisle of just 2 if I can get an "A" seat. A380 would be cool for the upper deck & bar. This would be for DOH to LHR. I've never flown QR F before and also have never been upper deck on an A380 (BA & QF both have F on the lower deck). Feel like the easy answer is do the 380 but those CX seats are nice.
Old May 4, 2022, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I have to decide between A380 in F or 777 in F. Cant decide.. Just curious what you all recommend.. The ex CX planes interest me for the nostalgia and the super wide seat and the 6 person cabin, an aisle of just 2 if I can get an "A" seat. A380 would be cool for the upper deck & bar. This would be for DOH to LHR. I've never flown QR F before and also have never been upper deck on an A380 (BA & QF both have F on the lower deck). Feel like the easy answer is do the 380 but those CX seats are nice.
I think you should pick the flight closest to wherever you are actually going, as the difference between the two is minor. QR doesn't fly the 777 with F to London, so your actual choices are A380 F or 777 J Qsuites if you want to fly direct. You'd have to fly via ZRH to get 777 F.

777 F seat is more private and has a smaller cabin, whilst A380 has the bar, better air quality and bigger/nicer bathrooms. I probably prefer A380 F if you get the cabin to yourself (which is very unlikely to LHR), whilst I'd prefer the 777 if the flight is busy as sitting across from a random stranger with not great privacy on the A380 doesn't feel very first class to me.
Traveller999 and DiamondMile like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.