Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR Changed MY AA Award Flight by Four Days

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2022, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott-LT Titanium; AA-LT Gold/Currently Plat Pro

Sorry if this is not the right place for this. But I have a question about booked ticket with QR using AA miles.

I booked tickets for three people from EBB-PHL departing Aug 12. I received no messages at all from either airline. When I went to look at the itinerary to check the times yesterday, AA shows it as not available. After contacting them via Twitter, they told me the trip had been changed to Aug 8, four days earlier. We were supposed to be gorilla trekking then. Is this normal? (And I realize not much is normal these times) but four days??? I am beyond nervous they will change dates on me again. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Old Jan 18, 2022, 6:45 am
Original Poster

If anybody has any feedback on this I would sure appreciate it. We have flown a lot of award redemption flights and never seen this, especially since the original flight is still operating and available for purchase, How often does a drastic change like this happen do you experts think? Thank you!
Old Jan 18, 2022, 6:57 am

Programs: BAEC
This might be better posted in the AA forum because it's their ticket, and they are responsible to you for your travel contract. Obviously it will be Qatar providing the service on the day.

My random guess is that Qatar might have been cranking the handle on the schedule and the flight you were originally booked on was cancelled and subsequently reinstated, but AA saw the cancellation and randomly assigned you a new flight. And although the flight might now be showing it probably has no partner award seats available on it.

You have to deal with AA to get to the bottom of what has gone on as you can't speak to Qatar in this situation. If AA are not giving you sensible answers you should specifically ask AA to reach out to Qatar via the OneWorld liaison desk to try and get the best resolution possible (ie. Partner award seats on the flight you want).

Good luck.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 7:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Contact AA again with your proposals for alternate days. QR will not speak to you about this. It may be that QR didn’t offer reward seats to AA for your original flight. Has this been ticketed? Did you actually receive a ticket number?
Old Jan 18, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by plunet
This might be better posted in the AA forum because it's their ticket, and they are responsible to you for your travel contract. Obviously it will be Qatar providing the service on the day.

My random guess is that Qatar might have been cranking the handle on the schedule and the flight you were originally booked on was cancelled and subsequently reinstated, but AA saw the cancellation and randomly assigned you a new flight. And although the flight might now be showing it probably has no partner award seats available on it.

You have to deal with AA to get to the bottom of what has gone on as you can't speak to Qatar in this situation. If AA are not giving you sensible answers you should specifically ask AA to reach out to Qatar via the OneWorld liaison desk to try and get the best resolution possible (ie. Partner award seats on the flight you want).

Good luck.
+1

There are two thread for you on the AA forum.

The first is specific to QR awards:

Qatar Airways / QR: Redeem AA Miles for Award (master thd)

And the second is using AA miles for saver awards in general:

HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance

Personally, I would use the first thread for this. I took the liberty of using the AA award search for your travel date and there are award seats for 3 passenger (in both coach and business) available form EBB to DOH. The issue seems to be from DOH back to the US. In developing alternatives for AA, you need to research nearby departure airports (like KGL, NBO, etc) for replacement flights back to PHL. Also be willing to use different arrival airports in the US (JFK, IAD, BOS, etc).
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Contact AA again with your proposals for alternate days. QR will not speak to you about this. It may be that QR didn’t offer reward seats to AA for your original flight. Has this been ticketed? Did you actually receive a ticket number?
I believe so...The miles were deducted. The tickets was in my AA "Trips" section for months and then when I went to look at the flight times again, it was not available. I never printed out the information so I can't be positive that I had an actual ticket number.

After my persistence on the issue via Twitter, AA has agreed to have their Qatar liaison look into it and basically said the same as one of the previous replies (which I can not see now) as the flight was cancelled and then reinstated. They said it would take four days for them to get an answer for us.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Did you not get an email confirmation?
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cheltzel
+1

There are two thread for you on the AA forum.

The first is specific to QR awards:

Qatar Airways / QR: Redeem AA Miles for Award (master thd)

And the second is using AA miles for saver awards in general:

HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance

Personally, I would use the first thread for this. I took the liberty of using the AA award search for your travel date and there are award seats for 3 passenger (in both coach and business) available form EBB to DOH. The issue seems to be from DOH back to the US. In developing alternatives for AA, you need to research nearby departure airports (like KGL, NBO, etc) for replacement flights back to PHL. Also be willing to use different arrival airports in the US (JFK, IAD, BOS, etc).
Thank you. We are game to fly into any airport along thee East coast - we are flying out of ORD but are based in CT. I will ask this question in the other forum suggested. Thank you all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.