Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2022, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zol
This thread is purely related to discussing QR Sale Fares.

Is the current 'Sale' actually a Sale?
Are the fares cheaper than previous Sales?
Is this Sale absolutely useless for your travel plans?

Well, here is the place to discuss!

Safe travels,

M
Print Wikipost

Sale Fares Discussion 2023

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I really think someone should file a consumer rights protection claim against QR for their shenanigans.
Modo and GalaxyChris like this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 1:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Modo
Every price I have been tracking has increased!
And overnight they send a 10% discount code ----- having put up the price by 20% on all the flights I'm tracking

(about 10 different return flights in different cabins across the first 3 months of 2023).
Old Feb 26, 2023, 4:27 am

For those based in APAC countries* who may not have spotted it yet, discount code APVISA22 has been giving 10% off business fares since last year, but currently for bookings until 7 Mar (for travel until 30 June), the discount is 12% plus 10,000 avios per booking (lower dscounts and avios for bookings in Y).

I have used it more than once and got the full discount off I and D fare bucket bookings (base fare before taxes etc). The amount of the discount is clearly shown at the fare group selection stage for each flight.

Details here:

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-th/o...id=ALL32451830

*QR class APAC as departures from: Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, South Korea, China, Japan, India, Maldives, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka
Traveller999 and Loungeabout like this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by KingCanute
For those based in APAC countries* who may not have spotted it yet, discount code APVISA22 has been giving 10% off business fares since last year, but currently for bookings until 7 Mar (for travel until 30 June), the discount is 12% plus 10,000 avios per booking (lower dscounts and avios for bookings in Y).

I have used it more than once and got the full discount off I and D fare bucket bookings (base fare before taxes etc). The amount of the discount is clearly shown at the fare group selection stage for each flight.

Details here:

*QR class APAC as departures from: Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, South Korea, China, Japan, India, Maldives, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka
It seems not to apply to elite fares.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by brunos
It seems not to apply to elite fares.
The t&c's don't say it applies to elite fares, but when searching for specific flights I have seen some discounts applied to those fares, albeit at a much smaller percentage than for the comfort/convenience fares. I have no idea if elite would get the bonus avios though, best to assume not.

The comfort/convenience fares offer some flexibility to make changes, and the discount from the code on the tickets I've bought was around the same or a little more than the cancellation fee. So you could view this code as giving you free cancellation on those fares compared with not using it, if you were so minded. Depends what you need I guess?

Last edited by KingCanute; Mar 3, 2023 at 12:16 am
Old Mar 9, 2023, 2:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum

Paid blogger pumping: Qatar Airways Sale! In BUSINESS CLASS from Europe to Middle East and Asia from just €1,367 (round-trip)
Anyone has more info?

Old Mar 9, 2023, 3:27 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I guess it’s OSL-DXB/SHJ/AUH, but I haven’t checked.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 8:12 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles Elite Plus - Privilege Club Platinum - Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Richey66

Paid blogger pumping: Qatar Airways Sale! In BUSINESS CLASS from Europe to Middle East and Asia from just €1,367 (round-trip)
Anyone has more info?

https://travel-dealz.de/deal/qr-bangkok-c-gabelfluege/
Old Mar 9, 2023, 8:19 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles Elite Plus - Privilege Club Platinum - Hyatt Globalist
I got this one by Facebok ad - PCMAR23 - 20%

Old Mar 9, 2023, 10:07 am

Programs: BAEC
Here's the detail on PCMAR23
https://www.qatarairways.com/en-bg/o...and-conditions
  • Offer period: 7 March - 17 March 2023
  • Travel period: 1 May - 30 November 2023
  • Blackout dates: Outbound (13 July 2023 - 05 August 2023) Inbound (20 August 2023 - 10 September 2023)
  • Offer valid to Privilege Club members only
  • The promo code PCMAR23 will automatically be entered to initiate a flight search from the dedicated offer page
  • The flight promo code is applicable on select booking classes in the Economy and Premium cabins
  • The up to 20% discount is deducted from the 'fare per passenger' amount visible in the price breakdown summary after flight selection. Any other taxes, service fees or standard market charges will be payable and displayed at the time of booking.
  • Advance purchase as per general terms & conditions
  • One booking can be made using the discount per customer but the booking may contain multiple passengers
  • Promo code provided may not be used in conjunction with other flight discount offers
  • Please refer to the fare rules at the time of booking for changes, cancellations, and no-show conditions.
  • Any change or cancellation less than 3 hours prior to the stated time of departure will be considered as no-show.
  • For travel involving multiple booking classes, the most restrictive fare rules apply to the entire itinerary. Qatar Airway’s terms and conditions will also apply to your booking, please review these at the time of booking.
  • Promo code provided may not be used in conjunction with other flight discount offersThe discount is applicable on selected routes from the following origins: AMS, ARN, ATH, BCN, BER, BRU, BUD, CDG, CPH, DUB, DUS, EDI, ESB, FCO, FRA, GVA, HEL, IST, LCA, LHR, LGW, MAD, MUC, MXP, OSL, OTP, PRG, SAW, SOF, VIE, WAW, ZAG, ZRH
  • The discount is applicable on selected routes to the following destinations: ABJ,ABV,ACC,ADD,ADL,AKL,ALA,ALG,AMD,AMM,ATQ,AUH,BE Y,BGW,BKK,BLR,BNE,BOM,BSR,CAI,CAN,CBR,CCJ,CCU,CEB, CGK,CMB,CMN,COK,CPT,CRK,DAC,DAR,DEL,DMM,DOH,DPS,DU R,DXB,EBB,EBL,EVN,GOI,GYD,HAN,HBE,HGH,HKG,HKT,HRE, HYD,ICN,IFN,IKA,ISB,ISU,JED,JIB,JNB,JRO,KAN,KHI,KR T,KTM,KUL,KWI,LAD,LHE,LOS,LUN,LXR,MAA,MCT,MED,MEL, MGQ,MHD,MLE,MNL,MPM,MUX,NAG,NBO,NJF,NRT,PER,PEW,PH C,RUH,SEZ,SGN,SHJ,SIN,SKT,SLL,SYD,SYZ,TBS,TRV,TUN, WDH,ZNZ
Blackheath and flyer.antonov like this.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 12:48 am

Programs: IB Plat - Hilton Gold - Marriott Gold - IHG Ambassador
Sale to Africa?

Looking into Europe to JNB tickets in August and prices are crazy expensive.
Has anyone seen any sale/discount?
Thanks
Old Mar 18, 2023, 1:06 am

Not on QR, but you can try ex AMS.
There’s LH F and EY C (didn’t check availability though).
For EY, you can check codes EYFLASH20 (20% off, probably expired) or AMXD0120 (10% off with Amex).
Good luck.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 6:57 am

Another offer for some Asia based QRPC members*

Double avios on economy and premium tickets
Book by 4 April
Travel by 31 December

* "some Asia" defined by QR as members residing in: India, Bangladesh, Maldives, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam

Last edited by KingCanute; Mar 23, 2023 at 7:10 am
Old May 1, 2023, 11:06 pm

Another Visa discount code for those based in and departing from Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam.

Use SEAVISA23 to get up to 15% off business class R, I and D fares (classic and comfort), or economy O,T,Q,N,S,V,L,M,K fares (classic and convenience)

Book by 31 October, travel by 31 December. The code works, so worth trying on any upcoming bookings

Details and more t&c's here:

Old Jun 12, 2023, 7:05 am

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Any clues when QR is likely to launch Visa or Mastercard discounts for ex-MNL/CRK flights for Q1 2024 travel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.