Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2022, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zol
This thread is purely related to discussing QR Sale Fares.

Is the current 'Sale' actually a Sale?
Are the fares cheaper than previous Sales?
Is this Sale absolutely useless for your travel plans?

Well, here is the place to discuss!

Safe travels,

M
Print Wikipost

Sale Fares Discussion 2023

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2022, 1:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
I'm not sure. My guess is that at the moment airlines' bullishness about how much they can charge for seats may be beginning to subside.

I believe a lot of the pent-up demand for long-haul travel has already been met; and I think now, many people, me included, are feeling less optimistic about prospects for the global economy than they have for years.

My view is that we'll see much more attractive pricing from mid-December, so I'm not booking anything for the first half of next year until then.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 3:46 am

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
Thanks to the people who responded, albeit with not-good news.

I've now booked my March-trip with a competitor, and will probably also book my June-trip with a competitor, whenever a sensibly-priced/good-connection option pops up with an alternative airline.

Regrettably this ongoing exhorbitant-pricing policy will have lost yet-another previously-loyal customer from QR, I understand a slightly-higher price during the Covid-recovery period & while there is peak-demand due to the football, but I am simply not prepared to pay DOUBLE forever !

Goodbye Qatar Airways !
Loungeabout likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 6:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Richard Bell
Thanks to the people who responded, albeit with not-good news.

I've now booked my March-trip with a competitor, and will probably also book my June-trip with a competitor, whenever a sensibly-priced/good-connection option pops up with an alternative airline.

Regrettably this ongoing exhorbitant-pricing policy will have lost yet-another previously-loyal customer from QR, I understand a slightly-higher price during the Covid-recovery period & while there is peak-demand due to the football, but I am simply not prepared to pay DOUBLE forever !

Goodbye Qatar Airways !
Yes, it's really become quite insane. But I guess if they are filling their planes at these prices, bully for them.

Regards
Old Oct 30, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: VS, CO, BA
Just managed to get myself and the family £1600 pp in R for AMS-DOH-ZNZ/DAR-DOH-CDG for July next year. Very happy with this price as everything else I had found with QR was £2k++++
Morgo, Schwann, plunet and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: BA Avios
Are any sales expected between now and early January?

I'm looking to book flights for a wedding in Bali in March next year. Having looked at my options Qatar would be a preferred airline due to gaining some avios but they're not the most favourable price wise. I was hoping for an Amex offer to appear but that is yet to be the case and with Black Friday coming up soon was wondering what the expectations are for this year? Seems they did some sales last year but not clear whether they applied to flights out of the UK.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Hyatt, QR Privilege Club
It looks like they've announced "special offers" coming on Nov 18th. No clue what it will be.

Old Nov 14, 2022, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zachfisch
It looks like they've announced "special offers" coming on Nov 18th. No clue what it will be.
I wouldn't hold your breath!
Old Nov 17, 2022, 5:55 am

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, WY Gold, Delta Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by zachfisch

Flights from BOS to DOH at just USD9876.94 USD7999.99 in Business! /s
Old Nov 17, 2022, 10:51 am

The last time I read one of their sale emails they were pushing LHR-SYD for £9,000.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hyatt, QR Privilege Club
I guess this is nothing new but it's a poorly executed sale. You can't even see any special offers on the Home Screen of their site...
Old Nov 18, 2022, 3:07 am

Programs: Alcoholics Anonymous - Platinum, Gamblers Anonymous - Gold
After having the offer in your face for two weeks straight, it’s basically no where to be found once deployed. I finally did stumble across another random banner and when using the code for the route I’ve been watching, the price actually INCREASES when I price out with the promo.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 4:23 am

You can't say you weren't warned.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 9:20 am

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, WY Gold, Delta Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by JBHighRoller
After having the offer in your face for two weeks straight, it’s basically no where to be found once deployed. I finally did stumble across another random banner and when using the code for the route I’ve been watching, the price actually INCREASES when I price out with the promo.
In all honesty, QR only said they'll treat you with surprise fares, and they did so (technically, yes, by increasing the fares)...
Modo, GalaxyChris, Matt4 and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Every price I have been tracking has increased!
Old Nov 22, 2022, 7:18 am

This Black Friday sale is misleading advertising. From my home airport in central Europe to BKK 670EUR, SIN 1075EUR, HND 1140EUR... what a joke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.