Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR A380s to return "by early November"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2021, 12:01 pm

Programs: OWE, *G
Wouldn’t mind having the A380s coming back to London. Can perhaps buy an upgrade to First…
Old Oct 1, 2021, 4:12 pm

Did Qatar say the routes in which they have a capacity hole because of A350s grounding?
Old Oct 1, 2021, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Where have the operated them apart from the normal pre pandemic routes which were MEL/SYD/LHR/FRA/CDG? I think they have operated to BKK and DEL in the past?

MEL/SYD/BKK are all out for re launching so maybe JFK or ORD for one world connectivity. Possibly JNB as that currently has 3 flights or MLE as that has 4 flights but I can’t remember if it can handle an A380? Other routes in in India are possible but that’s all I can think of other than maybe a GCC routes such as CAI
JNB used to have Lufthansa A380s, so they are capable in principle.

I remember DXB also used to get A380. Don't know how full the planes are on this route, but better an inefficient plane on a 1hr flight than on a 6hr flight.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 7:11 pm

Programs: QR Plat
With the speculation that parts of Thailand (BKK included) might be open for visa on arrival and no further paperwork from Nov 1st for everyone with a valid 5G chip, and the Saudi blockade being over and as such there is no urgent need for 77W's and 350's to haul tomatoes and other green bits from BKK, QR could probably sell out as many A380's as they are able to put on the DOH-BKK route from that date.

-A
mr_botak and msm2000uk like this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 2:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I can see they are now loaded from 15 Dec on the LHR route twice daily and CDG daily but can’t see any other routes. Not sure if more are to be uploaded as that leaves the aircraft doing very little.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 3:39 am

Just noticed both my LHR-DOH sectors in December and January are now A380s.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 4:12 am

Programs: qr
Interesting by my calculations that just employs 3 380s at most on a daily basis with the proposed rotations at best . I hope they add a few other routes to - bkk perhaps if Thailand opens up as being proposed soonish ?? Also London ( as per old rules ) you cannot use upgrades to F through miles or Q credits or come to think of it through award flights
Time will tell I guess
Old Oct 5, 2021, 2:30 pm

Qatar Airways has scheduled its first Airbus A380 flights in almost two years from December 15, with a double-daily service from Doha to London/Heathrow (QR3/4 and QR9/6) alongside a daily service to Paris (QR39/40).

https:/www.executivetraveller.com/news/qatar-airways-airbus-a380-returns-to-london-paris-on-december-15
Old Oct 5, 2021, 2:59 pm

Would it be reasonable to expect QR to load first class award inventory onto these A380 flights?
I just spent a few minutes searching for award space on random dates but couldn't find any availability.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 3:08 pm

Looks like they blocked award inventory. I tried random dates through Aug '22 for both LHR/CDG and no luck. First revenue is available.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 5:37 am

Hello. Is the first class cabin the major attraction of the A380? I.e. for business is it disappointing to switch from QSuite and would folks look to switch back to a QSuite if available? I guess in these times the bar/ lounge is likely to be out of action? Thanks
Old Oct 6, 2021, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by FlySimple
Hello. Is the first class cabin the major attraction of the A380? I.e. for business is it disappointing to switch from QSuite and would folks look to switch back to a QSuite if available? I guess in these times the bar/ lounge is likely to be out of action? Thanks
First class is good, but not much privacy, and I would choose that over QSuite especially considering the access to Al Safwa. The USP with business on the A380 is the bar, which is a good place to spend a few hours. Personally, for me it matters who I fly with - if alone or with my wife, I would rather be in the Qsuite than business on the A380. If with friends and family I prefer the A380 for the socializing at the bar.

No one knows if and how the bar will be manned/operated, but I expect it will be open with limited service - i.e. sit down a la carte style without snacks on the bar, perhaps even with face masks on. It would be a true shame if they kept it closed.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Andrew35K
First class is good, but not much privacy, and I would choose that over QSuite especially considering the access to Al Safwa. The USP with business on the A380 is the bar, which is a good place to spend a few hours. Personally, for me it matters who I fly with - if alone or with my wife, I would rather be in the Qsuite than business on the A380. If with friends and family I prefer the A380 for the socializing at the bar.

No one knows if and how the bar will be manned/operated, but I expect it will be open with limited service - i.e. sit down a la carte style without snacks on the bar, perhaps even with face masks on. It would be a true shame if they kept it closed.
Thanks, that makes sense.
I guess they’ll likely also still be QSuite flights on the LHR route if folks do feel strongly and want to switch back if now on the A380
Old Oct 6, 2021, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by Andrew35K

Assume EK have theirs open?
Old Oct 7, 2021, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by FlySimple
Thanks, that makes sense.
I guess they’ll likely also still be QSuite flights on the LHR route if folks do feel strongly and want to switch back if now on the A380
It’s only 2 flights out of the daily 4 that will be A380, the other 2 are QSuite 77W.
A380 is the morning flight and the first one of the afternoon flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.