Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Will Qatar leave you stranded if flight canceled?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2021, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador

We will be embarking on a trip via QR and was wondering If Qatar would leave you high and dry if they cancel service to a country or city due to Covid and no other One World airline flie there. How would they handle this? Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2021, 7:47 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Any airline can just cancel your ticket and you will no longer be their problem.

QR's standard procedure is to rebook pax within 500 miles on their own metal.
Mwenenzi and MarJon like this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 10:13 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by realgaga
Any airline can just cancel your ticket and you will no longer be their problem.

QR's standard procedure is to rebook pax within 500 miles on their own metal.
Agree - I had a friend who had a return flight to Bali but was rebooked to Phuket (which is considerably more than 500 miles away).
MarJon likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador
Thank you realgaga and minz56

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.