Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eMed/Abbot BinaxNOW for US entry

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2021, 2:47 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by faraz225
Does the BinaxNOW test result include the name and location of the testing laboratory? The QR COVID-19 Passenger consent form asks for that information.
Here is what the pdf looks like. It clearly says “Home Test” so there is no name or location of testing laboratory. It says Emed Labs and a Florida address at the top but not that the test was processed in a lab.

Old Sep 6, 2021, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by metcon123
We are headed to CPT mid-Oct and flying back on QR. Would you be so kind to update if the Binax results is accepted by QR agent at the airport? - I asked them on Twitter and they had provided a vague responses which was not helpful. Thanks!
QR accepted in Baghdad and Doha.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
QR accepted in Baghdad and Doha.
Thanks! So did you just put the US lab address (since the BinaxNow email result shows a US lab address) in the QR COVID-19 Passenger consent form when filling it out?
Old Sep 7, 2021, 5:47 am

Thanks! So did you just put the US lab address (since the BinaxNow email result shows a US lab address) in the QR COVID-19 Passenger consent form when filling it out?
Yes.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
i'm taking the Binax kits with me to JNB in a couple of weeks on QR flights. I used them last week flying UA from CDG to ORD and it was easy. No wait time for testing proctor, and results emailed and added to app immediately. Biggest stress is watching to make sure the positive test line doesn't pop up.
Does QR recognize the antigen test in JNB for a flight to the US given the need to transfer in DOH or would I be safer getting a PCR?
Old Sep 8, 2021, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by dwugson
Does QR recognize the antigen test in JNB for a flight to the US given the need to transfer in DOH or would I be safer getting a PCR?
You don't have to waste more money for a PCR test. DOH doesn't have a unique or 'harder' testing requirement. The fine print in the QR website states that DOH honors the requirements of your final destination so you can transit DOH with out any special DOH requirement. I flew JNB-DOH-ORD and had no issues. Once you show the test result in JNB you won't be asked for it again.
dwugson likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 6:21 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
You don't have to waste more money for a PCR test. DOH doesn't have a unique or 'harder' testing requirement. The fine print in the QR website states that DOH honors the requirements of your final destination so you can transit DOH with out any special DOH requirement. I flew JNB-DOH-ORD and had no issues. Once you show the test result in JNB you won't be asked for it again.
This is good to hear, I was thinking of using Binax to come back to ORD from AMM next month, but had been concerned about the fact that the QR consent form specifically calls out "PRC test" several times. Though PCR tests in Jordan seem to be easy to find and not too expensive.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 7:24 pm

Yep, they’re still using what is now an outdated form. Airlines are not too sharp in keeping the processes and forms up to date.

Keep in mind before the idiotic testing requirement imposed by the USA on her own citizens, that form existed but wasn’t required by Qatar since the USA did not require testing prior to early jan 2021. I fly to Jnb next week and return early October and I plan on using the Abbott test
84fiero likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 7:16 pm

Keep us posted on your return from JNB in early October in regards to your experience with BinaxNow. We are leaving late Oct so hopefully all is well! Thanks and safe travels.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 3:36 pm

Keep us posted on your return from JNB in early October in regards to your experience with BinaxNow. We are leaving late Oct so hopefully all is well! Thanks and safe travels.
flew Jnb doh ord starting yesterday. At Jnb the check in agent (believe it or not) simply asked me if I had a COVID test and what day was it taken. Never asked to see a physical copy. Please don’t take this as the new normal. This agent was obviously not following procedure.

Qatar uses contracted labor at Jnb and not their own employees which probably created this experience. In ord on the outbound flight it was a quick glance at the pcr test, agent took a photo and that was it.

also, mask enforcement in business class is non existent. Most had masks off once seated in q suites and going to the lavs. Even some qr employees dropped the masks when they were congregating in the galleys.

and finally, meal service is back to full normal.
84fiero and LoungeLizardHugo like this.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 4:30 pm

flew Jnb doh ord starting yesterday. At Jnb the check in agent (believe it or not) simply asked me if I had a COVID test and what day was it taken. Never asked to see a physical copy. Please don’t take this as the new normal. This agent was obviously not following procedure.

Qatar uses contracted labor at Jnb and not their own employees which probably created this experience. In ord on the outbound flight it was a quick glance at the pcr test, agent took a photo and that was it.

also, mask enforcement in business class is non existent. Most had masks off once seated in q suites and going to the lavs. Even some qr employees dropped the masks when they were congregating in the galleys.

and finally, meal service is back to full normal.
Thanks! - Funny how JNB staff was so laid back. Were your PCR test ever requested again after your check-in at ORD? IE: When arriving at S.A immigration?
Old Oct 1, 2021, 5:28 pm

Thanks! - Funny how JNB staff was so laid back. Were your PCR test ever requested again after your check-in at ORD? IE: When arriving at S.A immigration?
on the outbound to Jnb only Qatar checked the COVID test in ord. Nothing in Doha. And in JNB they only wanted the South African entry form (contact tracing type info). On the return Qatar made announcement that COVID tests could be randomly checked upon landing in ord but that wasn’t the case today nor has it been the case in the last month or 2 when I had other intl travel involving ord.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 6:38 pm

on the outbound to Jnb only Qatar checked the COVID test in ord. Nothing in Doha. And in JNB they only wanted the South African entry form (contact tracing type info). On the return Qatar made announcement that COVID tests could be randomly checked upon landing in ord but that wasn’t the case today nor has it been the case in the last month or 2 when I had other intl travel involving ord.
awesome, thanks for the data points! Much appreciated
Old Oct 1, 2021, 9:14 pm

awesome, thanks for the data points! Much appreciated
my pleasure! Enjoy your travels!
Old Oct 5, 2021, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
I have used BinaxNow on Oct. 5 flying QR ZNZ-DOH-MIA. Park Hyatt printed two copies for me: they did a great job by printing those in color and packing those into an envelope. The agent from J check in desk simply asked whether he can keep a copy of the printout for QR. I said yes. "Hakuna matata" and I was given the boarding pass and a lounge invitation. I was not asked to fill any other health forms or go to a desk to verify the test with official seal(s) even though I saw such a desk nearby.
By the way, flying from MIA to DOH the supervisor of the check in operation in MIA told me that the Walgreens Rapid NAAT test is not acceptable because it has "rapid" printed there. Fortunately, I also had another PCR test from CVS taken a day earlier and that accepted. Note that Tanzania changed the rules for the tests to 96 hrs so testing at CVS and waiting even for 2 days would be OK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.