Wiki Posts
Search

PCR test airside in DOH

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2021, 4:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by brunos
This thread is confusing.
Does QR now requires a PCR test for transiting pax, as clearly required on the MOPH website, or not?This appears to be a new requirement on MOPH.
No it does not. I was through there Saturday and the Saturday before. American traveling from USA to ATH and return with 14 hr layover airside in the airport. There was NO transit test requirement! Furthermore, Qatar Airways site, who ticket agent is the one that is going to ask you at check-in if it were the case, clearly define the small subgroup who is required to test for transit. I posted this above with the link. If you are not in the subgroup, you DO NOT need test to transit!

I'll be back through DOH this Saturday and already I can tell you the QR site has NO requirements for test to transit. I have NO INTENTION to to obtain a pre-flight PCR test, as my final destination does not require one. If this thread is still in confusion this weekend I'll post again with my direct personal experience.
brunos, ptalegui, Pursh and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 8:19 am

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
No it does not. I was through there Saturday and the Saturday before. American traveling from USA to ATH and return with 14 hr layover airside in the airport. There was NO transit test requirement! Furthermore, Qatar Airways site, who ticket agent is the one that is going to ask you at check-in if it were the case, clearly define the small subgroup who is required to test for transit. I posted this above with the link. If you are not in the subgroup, you DO NOT need test to transit!

I'll be back through DOH this Saturday and already I can tell you the QR site has NO requirements for test to transit. I have NO INTENTION to to obtain a pre-flight PCR test, as my final destination does not require one. If this thread is still in confusion this weekend I'll post again with my direct personal experience.
I see you didn't post a reply to this - was just confirming your most recent experience? No PCR test required for Transit in DOH if your final destination does not require one, correct? Flying MLE-DOH-USA, and will be using the Binax now antigen tests to get back to the USA. We won't be taking a PCR test.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.