PCR test airside in DOH

Old May 10, 2021, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
PCR test airside in DOH

I have a long connection coming up (16hrs) and on my arrival at final destination may want to fly that same day onwards.
Any PCR testing facilities in the airside of DOH?
Old May 10, 2021, 4:26 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
I don't think so. What's your destination?
Old May 10, 2021, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
No, there are no testing facilities at the transit area of Doha.
Old May 10, 2021, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by realgaga
I don't think so. What's your destination?
destination is SAW from DOH. I need to research since SAW may have a fast PCR test like I know IST does.
I could even head to IST from SAW and take the test there I suppose and depart somewhere the next day.
Onward travel would be onto somewhere in the EU if it is open.

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
No, there are no testing facilities at the transit area of Doha.
Thanks thought so
Old May 10, 2021, 9:34 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
With the new requirement that all passengers transiting through Hamad Airport require a pre-travel PCR test certificate, it is now possible for travellers to get a PCR test at the airport (airside) for QAR 300. Please see the point below from the Ministry of Public Health website (https://covid19.moph.gov.qa/EN/Pages...l-Policyy.aspx)

All passengers transiting through Qatar must have the mandatory pre-travel PCR test certificate, and in case they require another PCR test for their onward destination, they can have it at Hamad International Airport on a standard fee of QAR 300/- per test.
Old May 10, 2021, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Newbtravelle
destination is SAW from DOH. I need to research since SAW may have a fast PCR test like I know IST does.
I could even head to IST from SAW and take the test there I suppose and depart somewhere the next day.
Onward travel would be onto somewhere in the EU if it is open.
There is a test center at SAW at the arrivals level and the turnaround times for a PCR test is around 6 hours.
Old May 10, 2021, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pursh
With the new requirement that all passengers transiting through Hamad Airport require a pre-travel PCR test certificate, it is now possible for travellers to get a PCR test at the airport (airside) for QAR 300. Please see the point below from the Ministry of Public Health website (https://covid19.moph.gov.qa/EN/Pages...l-Policyy.aspx)

All passengers transiting through Qatar must have the mandatory pre-travel PCR test certificate, and in case they require another PCR test for their onward destination, they can have it at Hamad International Airport on a standard fee of QAR 300/- per test.
Interesting option cheers! price not too bad either

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
There is a test center at SAW at the arrivals level and the turnaround times for a PCR test is around 6 hours.
Perfect thanks, I may do this and travel next day evening
Old May 10, 2021, 1:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Pursh

When did this take effect for transit? We were just through DOH on the 1st and 7th and there was no such requirement. We were traveling to ATH on solely vaccination document. NO PCR.
Old May 10, 2021, 1:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
"Passengers from all destinations served by Qatar Airways can continue to travel with the airline and transit through Hamad International Airport, the Best Airport in the Middle East and Third Best Airport in the World according to Skytrax, subject to entry restrictions at their final destination. You will need to hold immigration approval to land at the final city in your itinerary that is operated by Qatar Airways, even if you are taking a connecting flight afterwards."

Per: https://www.qatarairways.com/en/trav...19-update.html

Nor is there any indication on https://www.qatarairways.com/en/trav...uirements.html that you need a PCR to transit DOH. There are a very few exceptions detailed here: https://www.qatarairways.com/en/trav...19-update.html

"Effective 25 April 2021, all passengers travelling to Qatar as their final destination need to present a negative COVID-19 PCR taken within 72 hours prior to their scheduled arrival time in Doha.

Effective 29 April 2021, passengers arriving or transiting in Qatar who have been in or transited through India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and the Philippines need to present a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 48 hours prior to their scheduled departure time from these countries. "

Details are important.
Old May 10, 2021, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
"Passengers from all destinations served by Qatar Airways can continue to travel with the airline and transit through Hamad International Airport, the Best Airport in the Middle East and Third Best Airport in the World according to Skytrax, subject to entry restrictions at their final destination. You will need to hold immigration approval to land at the final city in your itinerary that is operated by Qatar Airways, even if you are taking a connecting flight afterwards."

Per: https://www.qatarairways.com/en/trav...19-update.html

Nor is there any indication on https://www.qatarairways.com/en/trav...uirements.html that you need a PCR to transit DOH. There are a very few exceptions detailed here: https://www.qatarairways.com/en/trav...19-update.html

"Effective 25 April 2021, all passengers travelling to Qatar as their final destination need to present a negative COVID-19 PCR taken within 72 hours prior to their scheduled arrival time in Doha.

Effective 29 April 2021, passengers arriving or transiting in Qatar who have been in or transited through India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and the Philippines need to present a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 48 hours prior to their scheduled departure time from these countries. "

Details are important.
However, on the Qatari Government link provided by Pursh it states that transit passengers need a max 72hr old PCR test. Maybe the QR website hasn't been updated?
Old May 10, 2021, 4:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MoonJ
Maybe the QR website hasn't been updated?
That would apparently be par for the course.
Old May 10, 2021, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Another question is what are Qatar doing if the stopover length is meaning it's very hard to actually fulfil the test requirement for countries that stipulate a time window from entry into the country as opposed to from embarkation time (actually I think this is very rare, most countries I have seen USA/Turkey etc stipulate time window is from departure or first departure point)

I wonder if QR are letting pax board on the condition they do a test in DOH, or are just denying boarding?
Old May 10, 2021, 6:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Another question is what are Qatar doing if the stopover length is meaning it's very hard to actually fulfil the test requirement for countries that stipulate a time window from entry into the country as opposed to from embarkation time (actually I think this is very rare, most countries I have seen USA/Turkey etc stipulate time window is from departure or first departure point)

I wonder if QR are letting pax board on the condition they do a test in DOH, or are just denying boarding?
I can't imagine they will let you board unless you meet entrance criteria for your final destination. What if you were to test positive at DOH?
Old May 10, 2021, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
When did this take effect for transit? We were just through DOH on the 1st and 7th and there was no such requirement. We were traveling to ATH on solely vaccination document. NO PCR.
The transit PCR option is for those countries who require PCR tests and the PCR test being expired during travel. As you mentioned Greece doesn't require a PCR test from vaccinated travelers. What the guideline meant is that if you required a PCR test for your destination, you wouldn't be able to board your XXX-DOH flight without presenting a negative certificate at XXX.

They are probably denying boarding, QR wouldn't budge to take the risk.
Old May 11, 2021, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
This thread is confusing.
Does QR now requires a PCR test for transiting pax, as clearly required on the MOPH website, or not?This appears to be a new requirement on MOPH.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.