Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

URGENT INFO: Qatar Airways Denying Boarding to transit pax from select countries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

URGENT INFO: Qatar Airways Denying Boarding to transit pax from select countries

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2021, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Yes, I see the ambiguous wordings. To be on the safe side I would apply the 48h from the depart. time of your MNL-DOH flight. Maybe you will be able to rely on 48h before the initial domestic flight from TAC in the Philippines but there is no guarantee that QR staff at MNL will agree if you are outside of 48h when you approach the MNL checkin counters or the gate for document verification; IMO there is a significant risk that you may be denied boarding if your test is done earlier than 48h before depart. from MNL (but later than 48h from the domestic origin) also because the check-in staff at TAC most likely will not inquire/pay no attention to your Covid test result but will leave that to MNL.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 7:45 am

Programs: QRPC Gold, BAEC
Originally Posted by Julien O
Information from different websites give differents result and it's really difficult to judge what's is correct and/or would be accepted :

From Qatar Airways website :
Effective 29 April 2021, passengers arriving or transiting in Qatar who have been in [...] the Philippines need to present a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 48 hoursprior to their scheduled departure time from these countries.

From IATA website :
Passengers entering or transiting through Qatar from Philippines must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken at most 48 hours before departure of the first embarkation point. The test result must be issued by a testing center approved by the local government.

MPH Qatar :
All passengers whose original flight is from the said countries are subject to mandatory COVID-19 PCR Test done 48 hours before departure from the testing centers approved by their local health authority. Knowing that no one can board the flight to Qatar without a valid Negative PCR certificate.

So, in the above case, who should you follow ? As MPH Qatar is not going to the details and Qatar Airways and IATA have 2 different interpretation.
I still have time, and hope this will be lifted on the time I need to travel back, but otherwise what would be my best option ?
In my opinion, I would say follow the tighest restriction, which is 48 hours prior departure time of the flight operated by QR from Philippines. Just to make everything safe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.