Search

face mask q suite

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2021, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
face mask q suite

Hello,

is a face mask (the one that covers your mouth) mandatory in q suite? I hear conflicting stories.

Last edited by msm2000uk; Mar 22, 2021 at 5:22 am Reason: Unnecessary comment
Old Mar 21, 2021, 3:40 pm

Programs: QR Gold
It is not.
(personal experience from two QSuite flights a couple of weeks ago).
hdejongh likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 3:41 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
It is mandatory during boarding, disembarking, and whenever you are out of your seat (eg. going to the toilet).
When in your seat, it is not required but encouraged.
Cat88L3 and hdejongh like this.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 9:45 pm

I took a flight with QR from DOH-SYD a few days ago in QSuites and was told that it was strictly mandatory to keep it on at all times unless eating or drinking. Perhaps it is route specific?
Old Mar 21, 2021, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, BonVoy Gold, BW Diamond, RR Premium
It is not in Business or First while lying flat, but is still mandatory in economy or while not reclining--this is probably where the conflict is?
Old Mar 22, 2021, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by travelingdrsuz
It is not in Business or First while lying flat, but is still mandatory in economy or while not reclining--this is probably where the conflict is?
I can only go on what happened on my particular flight. I was in Business (QSuite) and various cabin crew gently reminded several people in Business to put our masks back on, also while lying flat. I'm unsure if this is route specific or only happened on my flight.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 1:07 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Wife and I flew QSuites MNL>DOH>JFK and only needed to wear them when boarding, getting off the planes, or going to the restroom.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Some governments have their own requirement about masks ( including the US Federal Mask law which Biden implemented during his first day ), in these cases QR could not override any law and allow passengers seated without a mask.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 7:31 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
like others have said.. once in your seat.. masks and the face shield they provide and require off.. until you land...
I almost felt human again .. flying without a mask
NWplatinum and STBCypriot like this.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Some governments have their own requirement about masks ( including the US Federal Mask law which Biden implemented during his first day ), in these cases QR could not override any law and allow passengers seated without a mask.
Some local government law would apply to domestic flights or while in domestic airspace. Also to domestic airlines flying abroad.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 8:38 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by fotographer
like others have said.. once in your seat.. masks and the face shield they provide and require off.. until you land...
I almost felt human again .. flying without a mask
Face shields are long gone on QR since the new year.
jimup and fotographer like this.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 8:59 am

Programs: Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Face shields are long gone on QR since the new year.
Face shields are still there on specific routes where local governments mandate the use of shields

I flew from MAD-DOH-DEL and return on the Qsuites + Regular J. On the Qsuites, when I asked the crew, they told me it isnīt mandatory, though it is better to close the door and be mask free.
On the Regular J product, they told me while sleeping it isnīt mandatory.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, BonVoy Gold, BW Diamond, RR Premium
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
That's what I was wondering, too. But wouldn't that just be over US airspace? I am flying a QSuite in May, IAH-Doha, so I guess I will see what happens when we're over the Atlantic? Not sure how that works?
Old Mar 23, 2021, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by travelingdrsuz
That's what I was wondering, too. But wouldn't that just be over US airspace? I am flying a QSuite in May, IAH-Doha, so I guess I will see what happens when we're over the Atlantic? Not sure how that works?
Unfortunately, this law applies for the duration of flight for all flights from/to the USA despite the carrier being a US carrier or a foreign one.

Before this law came in place, I didn't have a problem not wearing a mask inside a QSuite while I was seated and I wasn't waken up because I slept with my mask off during that flight.
Often1 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 8:32 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
just took a trip ORD-DOH-DXB, no face masks required in your Qsuite. In addition, I personally validated this from QR internal VP as well. I wonder if its a Australia thing on inbound flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.