Community
Wiki Posts
Search

face mask q suite

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2021, 12:04 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Platinum Tier
Ive flown about 3+ Q Suite flights (IAD - DOH) in the last 6 months, the most recent one 3 days ago. Previously - even during the peak of the pandemic, we had zero mask enforcement whilst seated in the suite. I wore mask when going to the restroom but that was of my own volition. I also wore a mask when I was being served meals - again, out of curtsey to the attendants. I was never asked to wear the mask while seated in my suite, even with the door open. Qatar is leading the way with nuanced and responsible enforcement, while not going full Gustapo like some other airlines.

Cant wait for this covid BS to be over! I think they should let fully vaccinated passenger do as they please now! Its about time!
Old Jul 11, 2021, 1:56 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Anyone flew from any Indian airports to DOH? Wondering if the enforcement is different for flights from there because of the Delta variant concerns.
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 10:20 pm

Any recent reports on mask wearing in Qsuites?
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 7:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by aeroo777
Any recent reports on mask wearing in Qsuites?
Yes, friskygeek two posts above.

QR continues to set the standard for superb service.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Yes, friskygeek two posts above.

QR continues to set the standard for superb service.
Yes, saw that from over a month ago. Thanks
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 9:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by aeroo777
Yes, saw that from over a month ago. Thanks
Was on two QR J flights past two days, nothing is different from friskygeeks post. Same as it's been on QR for many months now.
SamirD, aeroo777 and Ms_KH like this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 10:07 am

I have recently flown in J from India. QR insists on wearing face shields when embarking and disembarking from DOH to India. There is variable enforcement once in the cabin. Most of the time the cabin crew does not care about the shields. Although everyone was wearing masks through out the short flight.
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 10:08 am

I was on about 4 flights in the last 2 weeks and can confirm the same about QSuites.
SamirD likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Gold; CX Gold; *A Gold
QR or SQ

I’m traveling MNL to JFK in a weeks time and looking at SQ or QR. I know the QR attitude to masks and it is sensible given the prophylactic nature of mask wearing is close to zero. Reading SQ transit procedures (eg single file on leaving the aircraft and hostage in a special transit area) fills me with dread. Even though SQ is cheaper the QR team win get my dollars. I am guessing SQ are mask zealots so no thanks for a 17 hour flight
Old Sep 3, 2021, 7:56 am

I'm currently in a qsuite on QR 730. I had my mask off pretty early in the flight and the head flight attendant (I think) told me my mask needed to be on unless I was eating or drinking. I didn't wear it while sleeping and had no problems there but the rest of the time I kept it on for the most part
SamirD likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 11:57 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by txag09
I'm currently in a qsuite on QR 730. I had my mask off pretty early in the flight and the head flight attendant (I think) told me my mask needed to be on unless I was eating or drinking. I didn't wear it while sleeping and had no problems there but the rest of the time I kept it on for the most part
Our experience was the opposite of yours. We flew on QR 741, DOH-LAX, in a quad. We always had our masks off in the quad. We received no admonitions from any of the flight attendants. I was careful to wear my mask any time I left the quad to use the toilet.
SamirD likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I have flown SAW-DOH-IAD last week in Y.

SAW-DOH, the cabin crew was pretty relaxed about masks but in DOH-IAD, they were strict and they told that the mask mandate is a US federal requirement; they have also told a passenger that was warned 10 times that they would need to report her name to the US authorities if she did continue to not comply.
SamirD likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 2:25 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
I've done GRU>DOH many times this year and last - never been required or asked to wear mask inside my suite. I do wear on the way to toilet but I think if I didn't they wouldn't ask.
SamirD likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 3:31 pm

Programs: Delta PM, AA PlatPro
Flew JNB-DOH-SEA this week in Q Suites... no masks required.
Fabulous to fly without cloth covering my face.

(like others, I put mine on for show when going to bathroom, but agree, no one cared)
SamirD and LoungeLizardHugo like this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 7:56 pm

I am just curious if flying economy on a plane that isn't very full if mask usage was also getting the same treatment as in the qsuites? I wouldn't mind laying on 3 economy seats if you don't have to always wear a mask. Has anyone made any observations about economy and mask enforcement?
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.