Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR becoming more difficult with seat selection?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR becoming more difficult with seat selection?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2021, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by tpsmith82
So...if I booked an AA award ticket on QR metal for 2 pax in Q suites...and was able to find a way to reserve the middles seats for myself and companion, would you say there is a fair chance QR will edit / delete those seat selections?

Only asking because that's exactly what I did. I was unable to make the seat selection on AA or the QR website, but did find a way to select my seats, and now when I check my reservation on the QR website it does show the correct seat assignments. Bear in mind this is for a flight for next March.
Can I ask what method you utilized to select your seats? I tried Royal Jordanian/Malaysian Airlines methods described above, but my reservation is not pulling up.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 8:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DatBigDog
Can I ask what method you utilized to select your seats? I tried Royal Jordanian/Malaysian Airlines methods described above, but my reservation is not pulling up.
I used the rj website and worked for me?? I guess makesure you're using the QR PNR.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by tpsmith82
I used the rj website and worked for me?? I guess makesure you're using the QR PNR.
Thanks. Yes I am using the QR PNR because I can pull my booking up on the QR app and the tickets are confirmed. When I use the QR app to try and select seats its saying its going to cost $140 per person per leg - not ideal. For some reason my flight is not pulling up with RJ or Malaysian. Will try again later as I just booked yesterday.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 2:20 pm
pH

Programs: AA EXP
I currently have a similar issue with an AA-issued award ticket on QR. The Malaysia site worked well for the QR-operated flights and those seats show as confirmed on the QR site, however there is now a mismatch for the final AA-operated domestic sector. The AA app shows I have selected seats on that final segment where QR does not.

Can anyone speak from similar experience - will I have problems checking in with QR and receiving a boarding pass with the correct seats for that final AA leg?

Thanks so much!
Old Jun 24, 2021, 6:31 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by pH
I currently have a similar issue with an AA-issued award ticket on QR. The Malaysia site worked well for the QR-operated flights and those seats show as confirmed on the QR site, however there is now a mismatch for the final AA-operated domestic sector. The AA app shows I have selected seats on that final segment where QR does not.

Can anyone speak from similar experience - will I have problems checking in with QR and receiving a boarding pass with the correct seats for that final AA leg?

Thanks so much!
If there isn't a green tick next to the seat number when looking at QR's MMB, the seat selection hasn't stuck.

There would be no problem checking in, the agent will just assign you a seat at check in.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 11:08 am
pH

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by realgaga
If there isn't a green tick next to the seat number when looking at QR's MMB, the seat selection hasn't stuck.

There would be no problem checking in, the agent will just assign you a seat at check in.
Thank you! It's only on the final AA-operated segment where the seats don't show on the QR site. They do show as assigned on the AA site/app so am considering having AA unassign the seats and then have QR assign them so they show on the QR PNR.

I sure do wish IT cooperated more than it seems to!
Old Jun 30, 2021, 9:17 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
I booked paid J tickets (family of four) that comes with seat selection and Im a One World Sapphire and QR wont let me select the QSuites on one leg but will on all the others. I messaged their Twitter and they told me to check in again 72 hours before departure. What a joke! I know some have good experience with their Twitter but I find them to be useless compared to some airlines accounts in the US.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by DatBigDog
Thanks. Yes I am using the QR PNR because I can pull my booking up on the QR app and the tickets are confirmed. When I use the QR app to try and select seats its saying its going to cost $140 per person per leg - not ideal. For some reason my flight is not pulling up with RJ or Malaysian. Will try again later as I just booked yesterday.
I have same issues. Mine are Paid 'R' ticket though.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by mrkraju1982
I have same issues. Mine are Paid 'R' ticket though.
R RBD (Business Classic) tickets don't have seat selection included.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 3:43 pm

Any way to reserve seats online on A fare non-157 and non-OW alliance ticket? I'm QRPC Plat but FF# not attached to PNR. Tried RJ & MH websites, no go. Or do I have to call in?
Old Aug 26, 2021, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by mileageking
Any way to reserve seats online on A fare non-157 and non-OW alliance ticket? I'm QRPC Plat but FF# not attached to PNR. Tried RJ & MH websites, no go. Or do I have to call in?
Try calling in.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 8:04 pm
Community Director Emerita

I just purchased a QR biz ticket (cheapest biz class) and entered my AS number. My husband and I both have top tier status on AS. This should allow us to pick seats for free. However, the site wants to charge me $140 per seat. Neither RJ or Malaysian Airlines pull up the QR PNR. What is my next step?
Old Sep 29, 2021, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I just purchased a QR biz ticket (cheapest biz class) and entered my AS number. My husband and I both have top tier status on AS. This should allow us to pick seats for free. However, the site wants to charge me $140 per seat. Neither RJ or Malaysian Airlines pull up the QR PNR. What is my next step?
Do you have a Privilege Club account? If so, were you logged in to your account when booking the ticket event though you entered the AS FFP# ?
The Privilege Club link issue is the most common issue for seat selections for bookings directly made by QR.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 10:30 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Do you have a Privilege Club account? If so, were you logged in to your account when booking the ticket event though you entered the AS FFP# ?
The Privilege Club link issue is the most common issue for seat selections for bookings directly made by QR.
No, I don't have a Privilege Club account. I booked as a guest.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
No, I don't have a Privilege Club account. I booked as a guest.
This is interesting then; if your status is Emerald and if the QR system realizes that you are both Emerald's, it should allow free seating.
Other than a technical glitch on the website, nothing else comes to my mind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.