Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Resumption of Full Inflight Dining?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2021, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by travelbug2225
I hope they bring back snack platters by February. I would love to try that. I saw pictures online and on YouTube it’s looks so good.
If you are mentioning the snack platters that are served mid-flight upon request, they are still available.

Originally Posted by purple1addict
Those oval plates have been in use for a long time on routes where main dishes were normally pre-plated (India routes for example - I imagine short haul under 5 hours used to be the cut-off). Now expanded to all routes during the pandemic.
If I'm not wrong, the deadline is 7 hours.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 10:27 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
If you are mentioning the snack platters that are served mid-flight upon request, they are still available.
The snack platters were different than the light items available as mid flight snacks. They were tapas style small bites meant for sharing and served exclusively on Qsuite routes. Here’s an example from pre-covid times

Last edited by fender5787; Jan 12, 2021 at 10:35 am
Old Jan 12, 2021, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Yes, this snack platter is not on the list of light snacks that are currently served.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 10:32 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
If I'm not wrong, the deadline is 7 hours.
My main courses were always plated on-board for full service lunches/dinners (i.e. flight departs before 21:30) on the Helsinki & Stockholm flights to/from Doha, so the cut-off must be lower than that.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is the information on the QR website.
I have flown IAD-DOH which is 11h30mins but I still got 2 main meals and snacks so there could be exceptions.

Dining experience

• Flights under 2 hours: snack
  • Flights over 2 hours: main meal
  • Flights over 7 hours: main meal and snack
  • Flights over 12 hours: two main meals and snack
Old Jan 12, 2021, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by purple1addict
My main courses were always plated on-board for full service lunches/dinners (i.e. flight departs before 21:30) on the Helsinki & Stockholm flights to/from Doha, so the cut-off must be lower than that.
yeah I also remember a full nicely plated meal and even light bites or breakfast on the VIE-DOH flight which was 4.5-5 hours
purple1addict likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 9:15 am

Programs: Privilege Club - Platinum
Flew with QR this week twice. Belgrade - Doha, Doha - Maldives in business. Both flights were around 4 hours 30 minutes. They haven't changed the on board dining much since I last flew with them on flights of similar duration in October 2020. Only noticeable difference compared to then was that the desserts are no longer served on the tray with the rest of the meal but they bring it to you out separately after you finish the main, although it's still cold desserts with no choice (just a single choice is offered). Also noticed no more Evian water bottles at the seat. It's some other brand now, but can't remember the name (believe it was local).
Old Jan 13, 2021, 11:40 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Alchemist007
Also noticed no more Evian water bottles at the seat. It's some other brand now, but can't remember the name (believe it was local).
Certain outstations have water catered by outstations. If not, it would be Alkalive which is produced in Doha (I personally quite like it).
Old Feb 9, 2021, 9:03 am

Leaving this Sunday. Any update on inflight dining? Is everything almost comeback to pre Covid dining? Do we get a choice or desert yet?
My flight is LAX-DOH-MLE.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Any recent experiences? Still "NEW COVID" catering or any upgrade to pre-Covid catering?
Which Champagne is currently offered?
Old Mar 15, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Soups are back and champagne was Taittinger rose on shorter flights and LP rose on long haul. This was the case last week.
Atlantico likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 9:04 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Atlantico
Any recent experiences? Still "NEW COVID" catering or any upgrade to pre-Covid catering?
Which Champagne is currently offered?
just flew to/from the US and it was full dining with Pommery and Taittinger for champagne.
Atlantico likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 10:28 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CALMSP
just flew to/from the US and it was full dining with Pommery and Taittinger for champagne.
By full dining, do you mean that warm desserts, canapés, plated mains, and snack platters are back? If so, then that would be absolutely amazing, bring QR back to their pre-pandemic level, and set them ahead or at least at parity with any carrier in the world in terms of soft product
Old Mar 16, 2021, 10:32 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by fender5787
By full dining, do you mean that warm desserts, canapés, plated mains, and snack platters are back? If so, then that would be absolutely amazing, bring QR back to their pre-pandemic level, and set them ahead or at least at parity with any carrier in the world in terms of soft product
well, my deserts were cheesecake, but plated main course and a snack platter of two different hummus.
Atlantico likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 4:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Thank you for the advise. I will fly next week and let you guys know.
Last time I flew was in NOV and it's OKish.... hope it improved more by now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.