Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current Onboard Catering and Beverages

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2020, 8:24 pm

Programs: Qantas
I'm due to fly SYD-DOH and DOH-DUB this weekend in J. From what I can see, there are 21 or so in J on the first leg and only three on the second leg (including my wife).

They're certainly setting an expectation as a full service flight, on the basis that it doesn't say to the contrary on their website (and they do go into detail regarding what steps they are taking etc).

One question I have is how does the full bar work with Ramadan? I haven't flown QR before, let alone during Ramadan, so would be keen to hear. I've previously been fortunate to fly EY J during Ramadan and service is identical to outside of Ramadan, so I guess that is my barometer.

Last edited by hannadanna; May 10, 2020 at 8:33 pm
Old May 10, 2020, 9:25 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Don't know about J, but in Y 2 weeks ago, no alcohol was visible or offered. If you asked for wine, a bottle appeared from within the meal trolley and you were poured a glass. If you asked for anything else (eg beer or spirits), they'd head to the back galley and return with a glass. If you wanted alcohol not between meals, you went to the entrance to the back galley, stood a safe distance away from the staff, asked, no problems / hassle, they'd pour into a glass (even beer) and you'd take it back to your seat.
hannadanna likes this.
Old May 10, 2020, 9:32 pm

Programs: QRpc Plat
In J during Ramadan, you will have the full menu available. Depending on the crew you might not get the alcoholic pre departure drinks during this time, but on all my flights apart from one the last two weeks it was offered.
Obviously on the ground in Doha, the airport is dry during Ramadan.

Enjoy your flights and stay safe!

Tom
hannadanna likes this.
Old May 10, 2020, 9:52 pm

Programs: Qantas
Originally Posted by TomTheSailor
In J during Ramadan, you will have the full menu available. Depending on the crew you might not get the alcoholic pre departure drinks during this time, but on all my flights apart from one the last two weeks it was offered.
Obviously on the ground in Doha, the airport is dry during Ramadan.

Enjoy your flights and stay safe!

Tom
That is great to hear. Thank you, and much appreciated.

Feels a bit cheap asking about whether we'll have alcohol available, given there is so much pain being being shared across the world now. On a personal level, I guess it'll be some minor consolation for how I've been impacted (long story, for another time!). I will really relish the time in the skies too. I think I'm more looking forward to these flights than any I've ever taken, given I have no idea when my next long haul will be.
Old May 10, 2020, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by hannadanna

Feels a bit cheap asking about whether we'll have alcohol available, given there is so much pain being being shared across the world now. On a personal level, I guess it'll be some minor consolation for how I've been impacted (long story, for another time!). I will really relish the time in the skies too. I think I'm more looking forward to these flights than any I've ever taken, given I have no idea when my next long haul will be.
We're all eager for your feedback and hopefully some photos to drool on Enjoy.
Aston100 likes this.

Last edited by mlqsko; May 12, 2020 at 2:10 pm
Old May 12, 2020, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by hannadanna

You'll love QR J experience, it's the best I've ever had!
Btw, I'm also flying Syd-Doh-Dub this weekend (Sunday) but in Y :-/.
Old May 12, 2020, 8:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ hannadanna - you touched ever so briefly on recent personal events, so I do hope your travels go well.

And given that you say this will be your first time with QR in J class, I thought I would whet your appetite (literally ) with a photo from one of my own recent QR sectors, also in J.

Their overall catering in J pretty much matches (and in some cases exceeds) the standard of First class available with most other carriers.

Having also experienced Qatar’s A380 in First, I felt that - food-wise - F was actually not too different from J ..... albeit with the addition of some special goodies such as the fine caviar course, and superior bubbly (the latter never a major attraction for me personally). But a lot more cabin space of course.

Old May 13, 2020, 2:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Glad to hear the service is staying roughly the same. Have a currently empty booked in J HKG-DOH-DFW booked for early June, so will report back then as well.
Old May 13, 2020, 3:00 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis
Glad to hear the service is staying roughly the same. Have a currently empty booked in J HKG-DOH-DFW booked for early June, so will report back then as well.
That's a very long routing
Old May 13, 2020, 3:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by realgaga
And a lot of nice QR food .....
Bouncingsouls and Aston100 like this.
Old May 14, 2020, 11:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by realgaga
Not really any other options with less than 2 or less connections... the CX LAX flight now arrives after the last LAX-DFW, and no space for milage booking, and JP/TW are basically a no go now.
Old May 22, 2020, 7:26 am

Services

Are they still serving pre-departure beverages and hot towels?
Old May 22, 2020, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by jayy008
Are they still serving pre-departure beverages and hot towels?
No way they are doing hot/cold towels. Perhaps something pre-packaged at best.
Old May 25, 2020, 1:35 am

Mustard in J?

Happy to hear that catering is continuing close to normal.

Quick question: Does anyone know the name/brand of the mustard they serve in J? Or if you're about to fly, could you make a quick note of it? My brother loves it but can't remember what brand it is!

Thanks!
Old May 25, 2020, 2:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RSDoha
Happy to hear that catering is continuing close to normal.

Quick question: Does anyone know the name/brand of the mustard they serve in J? Or if you're about to fly, could you make a quick note of it? My brother loves it but can't remember what brand it is!

Thanks!
I believe this is the brand, from memory...

https://www.justminiatures.co.uk/pro...hoCAGQQAvD_BwE
RSDoha likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.