Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current Onboard Catering and Beverages

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2020, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Current Onboard Catering and Beverages

How has the onboard service been affected in Business Class during the Covid-19 pandemic? I see the Doha lounges (well, one) is still open so wondering what's happening onboard. Thanks.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by northeastflyer
How has the onboard service been affected in Business Class during the Covid-19 pandemic? I see the Doha lounges (well, one) is still open so wondering what's happening onboard. Thanks.
Doubt many FTers are flying these days, but curios too.

PS: SYD-DOH is $5k AUD one way in economy and $25k in business for April/May.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 2:11 pm

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Does anyone actually buy those fares at those prices? I noticed the last flights out of AKL were priced around NZ$32k in business and the ones in early June are priced (at least they were yesterday) at NZ$17,166!
Old Apr 26, 2020, 3:23 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by Lussac
Does anyone actually buy those fares at those prices? I noticed the last flights out of AKL were priced around NZ$32k in business and the ones in early June are priced (at least they were yesterday) at NZ$17,166!
I have no idea if they sell seats at these prices, but my guess is that these prices are an indication that few buy them and if a seat is sold it is to cover the operation of the whole cabin more or less.
A more FT related angle to this is that if I had paid for one of those seats and still gotten Lallier in biz, then there wold be a post with som pretty stern whining about the wining.

-A
mr_botak likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Lussac
I am guessing 99.999% of the ultra longhaul pax are just rebookings.
Old May 8, 2020, 3:18 am

Programs: Skywards silver
Iam also wondering what the current offerings in J are? Emirates are only offering cold bento box and no bar service, just a juice or water with meal. Are QR still offering full service?
Old May 8, 2020, 3:23 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
I am also very much interested. No way I'm gonna fly in J if the service is as shocking as getting a cold Bento box ....
Old May 8, 2020, 10:24 am

Programs: EK Silver
I flew from Bkk to LHR. The flight was on the 16th April The flight flew empty to bkk due to ongoing travel restrictions there. First flight to Doha was in J class. It was full service including all bedding and pyjamas etc. The second flight was economy. This was full meal service and alcohol was available. However there were no pillows per blankets available. Service on both flights was good. Staff wore masks and gloves.
Desirees, mlqsko and quinzinho like this.
Old May 8, 2020, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by biggee77
I flew from Bkk to LHR. The flight was on the 16th April The flight flew empty to bkk due to ongoing travel restrictions there. First flight to Doha was in J class. It was full service including all bedding and pyjamas etc. The second flight was economy. This was full meal service and alcohol was available. However there were no pillows per blankets available. Service on both flights was good. Staff wore masks and gloves.
Seeing as these flight were well within the major part of the pandemic, I don't see why QR will reduce the service more than what you've described. Seems they were ready quite quickly with the crew gloves and masks whilst still offering a decent service. Good on QR. I'm considering using QR in a few months time if this continues instead of my usual airline.
Aston100 likes this.
Old May 8, 2020, 11:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
.............. Good on QR. I'm considering using QR in a few months time if this continues instead of my usual airline.
Be careful.

You’ll struggle to find a better J class than QR’s overall product. There is every possibility you will get hooked on it.

Just so you’re aware ...........
Old May 8, 2020, 7:13 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by subject2load
Be careful.

You’ll struggle to find a better J class than QR’s overall product. There is every possibility you will get hooked on it.

Just so you’re aware ...........
You'll only grow tired of the same breakfast each and every time you fly. But I agree, QR J is great.
fender5787 likes this.
Old May 8, 2020, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by quinzinho
You'll only grow tired of the same breakfast each and every time you fly. But I agree, QR J is great.
I agree. I sometimes link two long flights with breakfast and that is very very unpleasant. Otherwise the best J in the skies.
Last flight were 7 March. I miss flying QR.
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old May 9, 2020, 12:36 am

Programs: QRpc Plat
I have been flying twice in 2 weeks with QR now. From Singapore to Norway last week and from Norway to Melbourne two days ago. Both ways in J. Service great as always, full bar service and meals provided. The meals now come under some plastic covers and the crew don’t touch your cutlery etc.

Flights are empty, on the Sin -Doh leg it was 2 pax in J and 6 in economy. Rather empty on a A350K

Meals served with the plastic covers over.

Tom
NoY, mr_botak, mlqsko and 6 others like this.
Old May 9, 2020, 3:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ TomTheSailor - interesting to hear that “full bar service and meals” are still being provided*. As something of an existing QR aficionado myself, this would definitely point me in their direction if I had a justified cause (or let alone, the wish) to travel during this difficult time .... which, in all honesty, I don’t.

* (are you sure you wouldn’t prefer the luxury catering options currently offered in J class by the likes of BA .... which I understand amounts to something like cereal / chocolate bars and maybe a cheese roll + bottle of water on medium haul flights .... and a slice of pizza on ultra long-haul .... ?? )

Ref the comments on QR breakfasts .... this does crop up now and then here on FT, and true, there isn’t a great variety. I actually think that where breakfast is concerned, it’s tricky (ie. more so perhaps than for other meals ?) ) to offer constant variety. But as ever, it comes down to (literally !) personal taste ; and, speaking personally, I happen to be one of those individuals who tends to have pretty much the same thing for most breakfasts even when at home so the QR repetition factor is not really a significant drawback for me.

PS - must have seemed quite surreal to be one of only two pax in J on an A350 ! And very pleasant too.
Bouncingsouls likes this.
Old May 9, 2020, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by TomTheSailor
Flights are empty, on the Sin -Doh leg it was 2 pax in J and 6 in economy. Rather empty on a A350K
Wow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.