Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long are Refunds taking

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2020, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by JackDann
I was charged £50 booking fee, not even sure why. But Qatar have outright refused to refund it.
Was this a qmiles redemption booking? Booking fees for cancelling those were non-refundable until quite recently.

Or did you book through a travel agent? They may have had service charges or fees listed in their T&C's (the bit most people tick but don't read) which are nothing to do with QR.

Or if you paid a fee to hold the fare for a few days before paying at the time of originally booking, those are non refundable.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 1:38 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Quite pleased

Restricted J cash ticket booked January 2020

Original travel date was April 2020. Voluntary change to September 2020. September flight canceled so requested for refund. Got full cost of ticket back to credit card.

July 8 - requested for refund
August 2 - received email detailing amount of refund
August 7 - back to credit card
Old Aug 10, 2020, 5:19 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Unhappy

Originally Posted by cwl
No refund 12 weeks after submitting a Zendesk request (13 weeks after Qatar cancelled the flights). Auto email received from Qatar after 14 days stating could take upto 8 weeks to receive refund. Follow up Zendesk messages at 8 weeks and 10 weeks remain unanswered. Request simply remains "Open" on Zendesk.

Credit card charge back commenced.

Qatar offer a great inflight product but customer service is dire. Rather than waste time and resources on silly apocalyptic style cabin crew uniforms if they want passengers back need to invest in Customer Service first.
Still waiting for a refund to my credit card 107 days after the refund request was submitted following Qatar cancelling the flights.

Goingplacestogether did send me a PM after my last post which I replied to, the Zendesk status did then change to "Solved" within 24 hours but 28 days later still no refund.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 6:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Lifetime Bonvoy Platinum, HHonors Gold , TK Gold, MH Plat, QR Plat
Award tickets booking fee refunds

Has anyone had any experience getting the privilege club booking fee refunded? I've had to cancel our award flights to Europe that were booked in Dec as our government has barred any travel out of the country until Dec 31, which privilege club has acknowledged...they agreed to refund taxes and miles but not the booking fee which was still in place previously.
Thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2020, 6:46 am

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Well, I just got my refund in my bank account 207 days after applying, full amount plus a bit extra for exchange rate differences as the fare was paid in NZ$ via a UK credit card and the NZ$ has moved up against sterling. Initially was told that I couldn't have a refund because the flights were paid for with vouchers received from a previous cancelled flight so any refund would be back to vouchers. I contacted Zendesk to say that it would be unlikely that the vouchers could be used before they expire due to the world situation, that was back in May and I'd heard nothing more until this morning. Initially I was very unhappy with the Qatar stance but now I've changed my mind and will certainly give them a go again when things open up in the world again.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 4:15 pm

Programs: PC QR
I canceled my cash ticket for November due to formal changes in departure time, although flights from Moscow are not expected for a long time. The term for returning money to the card is 4 days.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 5:44 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
My flight to SIN was cancelled on 22nd September. I immediately requested a refund but heard nothing. I contacted QR via zen desk on 1st November and my refund was processed on the 9th (the day I was supposed to fly). They tell me it could be 28 days before the funds appear in my card account.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
Originally Posted by Exsilver
My flight to SIN was cancelled on 22nd September. I immediately requested a refund but heard nothing. I contacted QR via zen desk on 1st November and my refund was processed on the 9th (the day I was supposed to fly). They tell me it could be 28 days before the funds appear in my card account.
Just to round this off, I got the refund in my card account on November 13th
Old Nov 14, 2020, 2:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
My refund (via flight centre in the UK) took about six weeks.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 10:38 am

Ask and ye shall receive

Refunds might benefit from prodding - about two months ago c/s agreed to refer my refund request for processing. Two days ago I emailed inquiring about the status, got a timely reply "we'll look into it" and today was notified the refund had been processed.

This was for half a round-trip and the amount was approximately 50% of the price I paid for the trip. It clearly will never pay for a one-way ticket to the original destination, but that's another matter.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 8:26 am

Programs: BA silver, Accor platinum, HH silver, M&M
Asked for a refund 2 month ago.
Stil doesn't show yet.
Asked status today via Twitter.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 6:13 am

Still not yet a real answer !!
"We have forwarded your refund request details to our relevant team and they will get in touch with you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding."
Old Jan 13, 2021, 2:12 pm

One full month and two Twitts later ... no answer...
Old Jan 13, 2021, 5:14 pm

Well, ask again. After waiting about 6 weeks I emailed the "we have forwarded" people and got the refund started within 2 days (although it took two or four days before it actually showed up in my c/c account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.