FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   How long are Refunds taking (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/2014000-how-long-refunds-taking.html)

marcusm1 Mar 22, 2020 9:50 pm

How long are Refunds taking

Hi
Does anyone have any idea how long refunds are taking now? Submitted a refund request for two tickets on 6 March and not heard anything. This was under the previous policy of full refunds for certain departure locations e.g Hong Kong. Local office can't help and just say they're waiting on Qatar.

FoxtrotOscar Mar 24, 2020 7:31 am

Scared off by the voucher concept I applied for a refund under original terms of carriage (original price less cancellation fee). I requested this via the website and received a confirmation that included the refund due - correctly calculated.

That was 6 days ago - no refund received as yet. Like the OP - any idea how long this usually takes? (BA just processes a similar one in 48 hours - money already back on Amex).

Lussac Mar 25, 2020 10:41 pm

Just looked at the fare conditions for our one-way business class tickets AKL-LHR which we can't now make and it looks as though the cancellation/refund fee is $1614 (gulp!) so it might be better for us to take the voucher that appears to have an enhancement of 10% and use it to come out to NZ again next year although we were not planning to at this time. Bought the tickets in a panic when our Singapore Airlines flights were cancelled and couldn't contact SQ to get it sorted. I did look at moving the date out but all the flights (the ones showing at anything like the price we paid) are all via Sydney with a very long layover making the trip anything between 50 and 60 hours, the only direct flights are showing up as $13,000 to $14,000 dollars each and later in period there are no flights showing at all. Buy in haste and repent at leisure, but there was little else we could do at that moment and our circumstances have changed greatly in the few days since hence needed to make changes.

manucanuck Mar 26, 2020 1:02 am

GC team sent me this. 1-2 months
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...022651190.jpeg

FoxtrotOscar Mar 26, 2020 10:48 am

Originally Posted by manucanuck (Post 32233130)

1-2 months - that’s pretty poor. BA was about 48 hours for another one I did recently. Thanks for the intel though.

marcusm1 Mar 30, 2020 8:54 am

Thanks

Thanks for the update. Of course it's irritating to wait but understable but what is really annoying is the lack of communication. It wouldn't be hard for them to send out a mass email with updates on timelines...

manucanuck Mar 31, 2020 9:52 am

a lot of hong kongers were confused as their chinese website says if your flight has been cancel then you will be eligible for a refund, however the english site says if it was being disrupted or cancelled. The translation was poor...

Will100 Apr 3, 2020 10:49 am

I’m not too bothered about the wait, as long as they honour it.

These guys are in the ...., cut them
some slack.

Tulene Apr 5, 2020 5:11 am

Yesterday I managed to get through to the call center to inquire about my refund. The operator told us to wait as it takes time. Later that day I received a travel voucher - pretty unhappy that they just went ahead and did this instead of honouring my request for full refund (was due to fly to Italy and QA was offering full refunds without cancellation fees if your trip was schedule for March or April)
I'm now taking this to my credit card company. I don't trust the travel voucher system at all and wouldn't be surprised if Qatar jacked up prices once this is all over, or knowing my luck the blockade would end and I can fly Emirates again for much cheaper...!
By the way, these refunds should be fairly automated, I feel QR are just dragging their feet. I lodged my request for refund a month ago.

FoxtrotOscar Apr 6, 2020 12:21 am

Re the flight I cancelled around 18 March, I got an automated email on April 3rd to say the refund is now being processed and should appear on statement within 28 days. Sounds like the 1-2 month statement is about right.

elsenor Apr 6, 2020 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar (Post 32268294)
Re the flight I cancelled around 18 March, I got an automated email on April 3rd to say the refund is now being processed and should appear on statement within 28 days. Sounds like the 1-2 month statement is about right.

Thanks for the update. I requested our refund 4 days and no response. Though, over Twitter dms they've been somewhat response even with a delay. Even as busy as they are, it's ridiculous they aren't sending even quick emails ala "Thanks for reaching out, sorry we're slammed. We are reviewing requests in order they've been received, please be patient. Okthnxbye."

tharris Apr 7, 2020 8:41 am

I requested a refund March 14. My first flight was scheduled for the 20. I got a call from an agent in NY on the 20 to say the flight was cancelled as they were not flying into my destination. I also got flight change emails from Jet Blue for my return connecting flight. This didn’t give me much confidence that they cancelled as I had requested. I wrote a couple, times asking when my refund would come and I GOT A FULL REFUND LAST NIGHT! Yeah! Now if I can just get refunds for the hotels, etc....

jiffer21225 Apr 7, 2020 8:50 am

I put a request in for a voucher on March 10th. I'm still waiting. I'm getting impatient. It's wouldn't be as in patient if I known that they're processing them as they receive them. My sister put her request in a week ago and it already has her voucher.

elsenor Apr 7, 2020 10:24 am

Originally Posted by jiffer21225 (Post 32272526)
I put a request in for a voucher on March 10th. I'm still waiting. I'm getting impatient. It's wouldn't be as in patient if I known that they're processing them as they receive them. My sister put her request in a week ago and it already has her voucher.

When was your flight scheduled? For a voucher not cash refund right? That should be MUCH easier. Have you tried reaching out to their support account on Twitter? While they take a couple days to respond, I've had good luck.

jiffer21225 Apr 8, 2020 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by elsenor (Post 32272799)
When was your flight scheduled? For a voucher not cash refund right? That should be MUCH easier. Have you tried reaching out to their support account on Twitter? While they take a couple days to respond, I've had good luck.

My flight was for March 13th with a return on March 28th. I called earlier this week and was told they are still working on it. Yesterday I have reached out via Twitter and I was told they are busy and it can take up to 30 days to get a voucher.