Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Covid-19: Free Status Renewal / Extension

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid-19: Free Status Renewal / Extension

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:18 am

My existing Qcredits haven't been wiped. My statement shows 60 new ones added yesterday but these are not available to use currently. Presumably they will become active at the start of the membership year that they apply to, which seems sensible.

I had already built up enough qpoints to requalify into January 2022 anyway, so the extension just confirms that.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 6:50 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by HOLYMOLEAIR
Status originally expiring Feb 2021, now Feb 2022, thanks QR!

One slight problem though, my 100 Qcredits from upgrading to gold then platinum was replaced by 60 Qcredits awarded on 31 March, anyone experienced the same? Submitted a request at the contact centre, let's see how this plays out...
Yep, this exact same thing happened to me.
HOLYMOLEAIR likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 6:57 am

Programs: QRPC, SAS Eurobonus
Interesting with the Qcredits.

I had 90 yesterday, and used 78 of them for upgrades on future travel, leaving me with 12. This morning, with my status extended, I now have 60....
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 7:09 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Well, you did the smart thing to use them hours before they were voided by the tier extension. It seems those who had Q-credits left and not yet had Q-points enough for re-qualification was granted 60 new Q-credits while all old where removed.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 8:24 am

Programs: QRPC, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by intuition
Well, you did the smart thing to use them hours before they were voided by the tier extension. It seems those who had Q-credits left and not yet had Q-points enough for re-qualification was granted 60 new Q-credits while all old where removed.
It would seem so. But let's see what happens in the longer run... For now, I am glad of my decision.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 8:49 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Lightbulb QC

Originally Posted by mk1dk
Interesting with the Qcredits.
I had 90 yesterday, and used 78 of them for upgrades on future travel, leaving me with 12.
This morning, with my status extended, I now have 60....
Same here - I had 12 left from the last upgrade, and now I have 60
Not too bothered by it, I guess - since 60 vs 72 makes no difference in terms of an upgrade for ASIA-USA (which I rem. requires 55)
Old Apr 2, 2020, 12:03 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Yesterday I had the same problem as most people in that I had 100 QCredits removed and then replaced with 60. I'm happy to see the other 40 have now been credited to my account, expiring in June this year
intuition likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 6:10 am
Company Representative, Qatar Airways

Programs: QR Privilege Club
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Our teams continue to review and work quickly on the feedback received.
intuition likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 11:53 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
So a bit of an update. I did see this morning that my 40 missing qcredits we’re back in my account, however I saw that they were still expiring in a few weeks. I asked the plat desk about this (was on the horn with them for a ticket date change) and they informed me that only qcredits derived from ones current status would last 2 years and all other qcredits would have the normal 1 year shelf life. So the 40 qcredits I got from hitting gold will expire in 2 weeks while the 60 that I got from hitting plat will last until aug 2022 (qualified for plat aug 2019). Still a bit confusing. Also, another kind of crappy thing is that those of us who would potentially be flying and have enough qcredits to requalify for their status with that potential flight and not need the extension, are seemingly not going to be getting the qcredits they would’ve earned for requalifying . (Ex. I’m as of now scheduled to fly in August, the same month I would’ve needed to earn 50 qpoints to requalify for plat. That requalification would’ve got me 60 more qcredits. Now, I won’t earn those 60 unless I earn 540 qpoints by August 2021). With the way the world is, I have no idea if I’ll be flying again in August, but if I do, this extension kinda screwed me out of 60 qcredits
Old Apr 6, 2020, 9:02 am

Programs: QRPC Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHg Diamond Amb, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres, AmexCenturion
what happens if you have attained gold in March 2020, and had until September 2020 to earn the remaining 200 points for Platinum? Must you still fly before Sept to upgrade to Platinum?

Last edited by SAWorldVoyager; Apr 6, 2020 at 1:08 pm
Old Apr 6, 2020, 9:31 am

Delete
Old Apr 6, 2020, 1:30 pm

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
My missing qcredits are not back (i had 60 as not used any; they got removed and replaced by the new 60) - anyone else in the same situation?
Old Apr 7, 2020, 2:58 am
Company Representative, Qatar Airways

Programs: QR Privilege Club
Originally Posted by SAWorldVoyager
what happens if you have attained gold in March 2020, and had until September 2020 to earn the remaining 200 points for Platinum? Must you still fly before Sept to upgrade to Platinum?
At the moment, there is no change to our Qpoint criteria. However, we continue to monitor this ever evolving situation and any effect it may have on our members.

We look forward to welcoming you back on board in the near future.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 10:20 pm

My status was due to expire in July 2020 and I already had enough Q points this year to renew. Now, I get the notification that my status is extended to July 2021 which gives me absolutely zero additional benefit. QR shouldn't package it as this great gift when they are just giving me exactly what I had already earned and no more.

I also had 12 Qcredits remaining, why are they now gone from my account? Only QR could try to do something nice and mess it up this badly.

Also, now that the QR rep is back, can we please sort out the dashboard. The old one was so much better and much clearer.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 11:56 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by jah718
My status was due to expire in July 2020 and I already had enough Q points this year to renew. Now, I get the notification that my status is extended to July 2021 which gives me absolutely zero additional benefit. QR shouldn't package it as this great gift when they are just giving me exactly what I had already earned and no more.

I also had 12 Qcredits remaining, why are they now gone from my account? Only QR could try to do something nice and mess it up this badly.

Also, now that the QR rep is back, can we please sort out the dashboard. The old one was so much better and much clearer.
I am in a similar position, I did renew my Platinum last November and now i have ongoing 1400 QPoints so I did renew immediately again. So this "free extension" of the status is of no benefit for me as well.
But to be fair, QR did make something for their PC members under time pressure and the whole bad environment at the moment. Yes, they did forget about cases like we are, but give them some time, they maybe will sort it out - @GoingPlacestogehter, I hope I am right ;-)
Letīs see ...
lifeonthego_k likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.