Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2020, 4:51 am

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Solejet6
Correct! I have now phoned them up and got a free change to return to LHR rather than MXP on 3 January 2021, since departure (same PNR) was in December 2020.
Hmm would that mean I could change my OSL-DOH-BKK-DOH-OSL return to OSL-DOH-BKK-DOH-LHR? I guess not?
Old May 14, 2020, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by Eskimoboy
Hmm would that mean I could change my OSL-DOH-BKK-DOH-OSL return to OSL-DOH-BKK-DOH-LHR? I guess not?
Yes, I believe you could, no problem, as long as the departure date of the first sector (OSL-DOH) is in 2020 currently.
Old May 14, 2020, 5:18 am

few question
1) Does the flight have to affected by corona or any flight will allow it ( I can book for july bangkok and change to australia december?)
2) Does the new return date also have to be before Dec31 or only departure
3) I am looking on flying back Syd-Zrh on the 31 Dec, but it will land Jan1 is that a problem

thanks for your help
Old May 14, 2020, 5:20 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Potentially although I didn't test the theory!

5k NM is confirmed, which is crazy. You could book a flight from DOH to ATH and then change it to JFK..

https://www.godsavethepoints.com/woa...ooking-option/
Old May 14, 2020, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by moebod
few question
1) Does the flight have to affected by corona or any flight will allow it ( I can book for july bangkok and change to australia december?)
2) Does the new return date also have to be before Dec31 or only departure
3) I am looking on flying back Syd-Zrh on the 31 Dec, but it will land Jan1 is that a problem

thanks for your help
1) The flight does not have to be affected by corona. I believe you could book for July to Bangkok and change to December to Australia. However, you can only change the destination to a different country which is a problem for the return flight if it were booked to originally depart from Bangkok.
2) The new return date does not need to be before 31 December, as I understand it. Date changes allowed.
3) Can't see why that would be a problem, except for the point I made in comment 1 above regarding only being able to change the destination to a different country.
Old May 14, 2020, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Granite64
5k NM is confirmed, which is crazy. You could book a flight from DOH to ATH and then change it to JFK..

https://www.godsavethepoints.com/woa...ooking-option/
could you daisy-chain the changes? say, buy a PNH-SGN, and then change it to PNH-DOH, and after that change it to PNH-DOH-HKG, and PNH-DOH-HKG-SYD etc...?
Old May 14, 2020, 5:36 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Originally Posted by ukinny2000
could you daisy-chain the changes? say, buy a PNH-SGN, and then change it to PNH-DOH, and after that change it to PNH-DOH-HKG, and PNH-DOH-HKG-SYD etc...?
QR gives the small finger and some will take the whole hand....
Old May 14, 2020, 5:43 am

Yes, I believe you could, no problem, as long as the departure date of the first sector (OSL-DOH) is in 2020 currently.
Unfortunately not! I just phoned up to try and change my return date and change it to LHR. However they said no. Basically my flight out of Oslo is on the 17th December 2020 so I can change that destination but because but my flight back from Bangkok is at 01:45am on the 01/01/2021 and not on or before the 31/12/2020 they would charge change fees and fare differences.

Missed out by less than 2 hours!
Old May 14, 2020, 5:50 am

I have seen (and saved a copy of!!) official evidence from QR that concurs with free changes and the 5000 mile rule. To have the fare difference waived, all travel needs to be completed in 2020. Changes in 2021 will have the change fee waived but fares recalculated.

It is publically available for anyone to see, you just have to find it on their website! Happy searching
Old May 14, 2020, 5:54 am

1) The flight does not have to be affected by corona. I believe you could book for July to Bangkok and change to December to Australia. However, you can only change the destination to a different country which is a problem for the return flight if it were booked to originally depart from Bangkok.
2) The new return date does not need to be before 31 December, as I understand it. Date changes allowed.
3) Can't see why that would be a problem, except for the point I made in comment 1 above regarding only being able to change the destination to a different country.

Thanks, but isnt the destination Bkk also for the return if i book a roundtrip ticket. Cant imagine they look at it as 2 oneway tickets?
Old May 14, 2020, 6:01 am

Here is a bit of help

Eskimoboy and Aston100 like this.
Old May 14, 2020, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by YYCCL3
Here is a bit of help

Thanks, that's pretty clear as to why they said No! Whereabout on the website did you find it?
Old May 14, 2020, 6:12 am

And if booked through a travel agent, I guess you need to talk to them to get any changes made to the destination?
Old May 14, 2020, 6:13 am

Thanks, that's pretty clear as to why they said No! Whereabout on the website did you find it?
Not sure why he couldn't just link the document. Here it is: https://www.qatarairways.com/content...0-%20Trade.pdf
Old May 14, 2020, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by moebod
Thanks, but isnt the destination Bkk also for the return if i book a roundtrip ticket. Cant imagine they look at it as 2 oneway tickets?
can anyone help with this
can i change zrh-bkk-zrh to zrh-syd-zrh?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.