Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by realgaga
You need a schedule change of at least 120 minutes for the fare difference to be waived. The policy doesn't apply to you in this case.
Thanks. Hoping for another schedule change then.

Last edited by Bacopa; Apr 19, 2021 at 9:28 am
Old Apr 19, 2021, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Bacopa
Thanks. Hoping for another schedule change then. Does it count if on my outbound there was also an additional schedule change?
If your inbound has been affected by a schedule change over 120 minutes, yes, you could also change your outbound.
Same applies for the inverse.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 4:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, AmEx Plat, Agnostic on Airline Programs
Quick question for folks who are situated in Qatar or spend time there: has there been any loose timetable of when the country anticipates reopening for tourism (of vaccinated travelers)? I know things are fluid everywhere, but curious if there's been any chatter about this issue or if things are solidly closed for summer and/or fall 2021.
dc10forlife likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 8:00 am

Called QR and tried rebooking under the same RBD class restriction. They claim that they cannot do it since they cannot construct a booking on the same fare ticketed basis (from RJUS to RJR5 ). Is this a legitimate explanation?
Old Apr 21, 2021, 8:13 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Called QR and tried rebooking under the same RBD class restriction. They claim that they cannot do it since they cannot construct a booking on the same fare ticketed basis (from RJUS to RJR5 ). Is this a legitimate explanation?
Please tell us the details of your booking otherwise it's hard to comment on specific cases.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 8:22 am

Originally booked a flight from JFK-KBP last year under an R class. Rebooked a flight from ORD-MLE and made quite a few date changes last year. Currently got rebooked for Nov 25 to December 10 under R class as well. Called to make date changes (December 10 to December 25). Agent agreed that there was an R class availability but later told me her system would not allow it as there have been multiple changes. Asked for a supervisor and supervisor made two claims: first she said there are seasonality restrictions and later she backtracked and said that the new booking requires a new fare basis.

Thanks!
Old Apr 21, 2021, 9:27 am

I'm not sure if it was speaking to a supervisor (who actually gave me his name) on the phone last week, or reaching out to the rep on FT but I've finally had contact from Qatar by e-mail and phone. The e-mail is useful as it quotes a reference number from their CRM system, so makes it easier to refer back to. No ARN number has been provided and instead they've asked for details of the new bank account, confirmation from Tandem the card & bank is closed etc. so that suggests that either the payment was never made in the first place, or if it was it did indeed bounce and not complete, hence no ARN. Small progress.

Details provided, acknowledged by QR via phone and e-mail, so hopefully soon I'll have a refund.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 10:49 am
R2

Originally booked a flight from JFK-KBP last year under an R class. Rebooked a flight from ORD-MLE and made quite a few date changes last year. Currently got rebooked for Nov 25 to December 10 under R class as well. Called to make date changes (December 10 to December 25). Agent agreed that there was an R class availability but later told me her system would not allow it as there have been multiple changes. Asked for a supervisor and supervisor made two claims: first she said there are seasonality restrictions and later she backtracked and said that the new booking requires a new fare basis.

Thanks!
The seasonality restriction is spelled out in the current policy quite clearly and it would plausibly apply for a scenario where you're trying to change to dates which are in the middle of the year-end holiday season. What the supervisor said appears to make sense: it cannot be rebooked as such because of the seasonality restriction, and to do so (i.e re-book), it would require applying a new fare basis.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by R2
The seasonality restriction is spelled out in the current policy quite clearly and it would plausibly apply for a scenario where you're trying to change to dates which are in the middle of the year-end holiday season. What the supervisor said appears to make sense: it cannot be rebooked as such because of the seasonality restriction, and to do so (i.e re-book), it would require applying a new fare basis.
I see this clause "
  • May waive any difference of fare, taxes, fees, charges and surcharges; however, fare, taxes, fees, charges and surcharges difference applies if original ticketed seasonality and/or blackout/travel date is not followed
My question is how do I find the ticketed seasonality and/or blackout/travel date?

Last edited by Bacopa; Apr 21, 2021 at 11:35 am
Old Apr 21, 2021, 11:52 am

I see this clause "
  • May waive any difference of fare, taxes, fees, charges and surcharges; however, fare, taxes, fees, charges and surcharges difference applies if original ticketed seasonality and/or blackout/travel date is not followed
My question is how do I find the ticketed seasonality and/or blackout/travel date?
It would've been stated on the fare rules of your ticket when you purchased it.

The quote of waiving fare difference is only for involuntary changes, such as a cancellation.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 2:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I was able to make all the changes I needed and wanted to my itinerary, so I haven’t been following here as often. But I can share my experiences. Whenever I would call in to try to make a date change, or destinations change, they would always say that my original place was Kiev and comment on how many times it had been changed.

I would always make it a point to bring the agents attention back to where the itinerary was now. That that was changed and that was not the current itinerary we were dealing with and that I didn’t even know why they were bringing that up. And that seem to work almost every time I called in. So for those agents ( I think they’ve probably been instructed to do this) that keep bringing up all the changes and original destination bring them back to what you’re currently on and why all that history matters?
Old Apr 21, 2021, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I was able to make all the changes I needed and wanted to my itinerary, so I haven’t been following here as often. But I can share my experiences. Whenever I would call in to try to make a date change, or destinations change, they would always say that my original place was Kiev and comment on how many times it had been changed.

I would always make it a point to bring the agents attention back to where the itinerary was now. That that was changed and that was not the current itinerary we were dealing with and that I didn’t even know why they were bringing that up. And that seem to work almost every time I called in. So for those agents ( I think they’ve probably been instructed to do this) that keep bringing up all the changes and original destination bring them back to what you’re currently on and why all that history matters?
It matters because that's the fare basis of your ticket, and the limitations of your ticket are based on that.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by realgaga
It would've been stated on the fare rules of your ticket when you purchased it.

The quote of waiving fare difference is only for involuntary changes, such as a cancellation.
I don't see any restrictions in the fare rules, except this:
  • New travel dates must be prior to: Saturday, May 15, 2021
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by NWplatinum

The answer is simple:
You have paid for a JFK-KBP fare and your fare basis is related to that.
realgaga likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 11:46 pm

Current book with confidence policy is for bookings made by 30th April and travel taken by 31st December 2021. What’s likely to happen after 30th April? Will the “travel taken by” date be extended into 2022?
Any thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.