Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Using BA Lounge at Chicago when flying Qatar J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using BA Lounge at Chicago when flying Qatar J

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2020, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by NoY
I was refused access to the BA F Lounge ("cupboard" is perhaps more accurate) when holding a CX F ticket & being BA Gold/Emerald...
This isn't true.The BA First class cupboard at ORD T5 is the official lounge for CX First class, check the CX website if you don't believe me. Regardless of grand pooh ba OW status, on a CX ticket F ticket in you go.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by SirToby
Wow, they do not even allow their own Golds in?
I was hoping to do that as I will have the same combination (CX F + BA Gold) coming up in April.
You'll have no problem, it's the official CX first lounge. The CX flight leaves 3+ hours before the BA flight, no overcrowding issues.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 8:35 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by worldtrav
This isn't true.The BA First class cupboard at ORD T5 is the official lounge for CX First class, check the CX website if you don't believe me. Regardless of grand pooh ba OW status, on a CX ticket F ticket in you go.
Well, I was lied to by the BA dragon then
Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by worldtrav
You'll have no problem, it's the official CX first lounge. The CX flight leaves 3+ hours before the BA flight, no overcrowding issues.
This must be a fairly recent development - I was refused access to the BA First Lounge when on a CX First Ticket and OW Emerald status. I was told I was only welcome at the AF / KL Lounge which was packed - a dreadful experience.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Fastjet
This must be a fairly recent development - I was refused access to the BA First Lounge when on a CX First Ticket and OW Emerald status. I was told I was only welcome at the AF / KL Lounge which was packed - a dreadful experience.
It's been at least a year if not longer. (The CX flight departs at 1.55pm and the first BA flight doesn't leave until 5pm so no overcrowding)

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...ss-lounge.html

And I agree, the AF/KL lounge is a dreadful experience.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 7:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I managed to make it work in 2016. My dad and I were in J and he was OWS (I was merely OWR at the time) and we talked our way in. We were told if the lounge filled up we would be asked to leave though.

That said, the BA lounge is only barely better than the AF one. ORD T5 being one of the worst terminals in the world for lounges.
84fiero likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MKE-MR
I've been turned away as Emerald as well flying QR J. This lounge is somewhat notorious for not following oneworld admission rules.

Agreed. Just happened to me right now. The lounge attendant said it is only for BA travelers….
Old Oct 7, 2021, 8:03 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by lifeisart
Agreed. Just happened to me right now. The lounge attendant said it is only for BA travelers….
Was this at ORD? Just checking to see if the BA lounges at T5 are really open.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by cheltzel
Was this at ORD? Just checking to see if the BA lounges at T5 are really open.
Yes, the BA Lounge in T5 is open.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 11:08 pm

I’m going to take Finnair flight from T5 at ORD that leaves at 9:30 PM. I’m OWE (AAdvantage) and wondering if there is any chance they will let me in? Another alternative is SwissPort Lounge but I would rather stay in terminal.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Finnair uses the SwissPort Lounge which is in terminal. The BA Lounge closes at 9pm and is usually not welcoming to those flying other airlines but you can always try.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Finnair uses the SwissPort Lounge which is in terminal. The BA Lounge closes at 9pm and is usually not welcoming to those flying other airlines but you can always try.
thank you. Will try my luck and if I get turned away will prob go to Frontera grill
Old Oct 17, 2021, 9:36 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by CMK10
I managed to make it work in 2016. My dad and I were in J and he was OWS (I was merely OWR at the time) and we talked our way in. We were told if the lounge filled up we would be asked to leave though.

That said, the BA lounge is only barely better than the AF one. ORD T5 being one of the worst terminals in the world for lounges.
Totally agree re AF lounge. I made it a point to get to the airport as late as possible flying QR J out of ORD. Luckily the flight was near empty in J (a year ago) and I managed to find my own table and seat. I cannot imagine what it would have been like with full J. Also the EK passengers started showing up as I left which just made me wonder why on earth that lounge is used by either of the airlines especially when EK usually has the most consistently good outstation lounge experience IMO. T5 is honestly shockingly bad for such a hub city like Chicago.
cheltzel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.