Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Qatar via BA website

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2019, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Booking Qatar via BA website

Evening All

I wanted to ask whether it was possible to book qatar flights via the Ba website.

If so can it be done from a European starting point. And If it is possible, can you use avios to reduce the price?

I am just thinking that when they next have a sale I could use up some of our avios. As we would be going to Bangkok I would prefer qatar to bas old 777.

Thanks in advance (and sorry if this the wrong place to post this)
Old Oct 25, 2019, 4:51 pm
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Originally Posted by Saeagle
Evening All

I wanted to ask whether it was possible to book qatar flights via the Ba website.

If so can it be done from a European starting point. And If it is possible, can you use avios to reduce the price?

I am just thinking that when they next have a sale I could use up some of our avios. As we would be going to Bangkok I would prefer qatar to bas old 777.

Thanks in advance (and sorry if this the wrong place to post this)
You can do part of what you want to do but it depends on the BA - Qatar joint venture

Yes you can book Qatar flights via the BA website provided that it is a codeshare flight with BA flight number and a BA 125.... issued ticket rather than a Qatar issued 157.... ticket.

If it is booked via BA.com with a 125.. ticket yes you can reduce the cost using Avios in the same way you can with flights on BA metal.

However as far as I know BA do not code share with Qatar UK to Bangkok as BA fly UK to BKK so don't want the competition. From mainland Europe departure points this may be different.

You can however book BA code share flights on Qatar metal from UK to other Thai airports including Chiang Mai, Phuket and Krabi. Also to various other locations covered by the BA Qatar joint venture. Thai domestic flights if required are usually cheap.

As far as departure point you can leave from any Qatar UK departure airport (LHR, LGW, EDI, CWL, BHX).

Last edited by cwl; Oct 25, 2019 at 5:07 pm
Old Oct 25, 2019, 4:58 pm

Programs: BAEC
Just in case it is of interest, BA are putting a 787 on LHR BKK from June 2020
Saeagle likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cwl
You can do part of what you want to do but it depends on the BA - Qatar joint venture

Yes you can book Qatar flights via the BA website provided that it is a codeshare flight with BA flight number and a BA 125.... issued ticket rather than a Qatar issued 157.... ticket.

If it is booked via BA.com with a 125.. ticket yes you can reduce the cost using Avios in the same way you can with flights on BA metal.

However as far as I know BA do not code share with Qatar UK to Bangkok as BA fly UK to BKK so don't want the competition. From mainland Europe departure points this may be different.

You can however book BA code share flights on Qatar metal from UK to other Thai airports including Chiang Mai, Phuket and Krabi. Also to various other locations covered by the BA Qatar joint venture. Thai domestic flights if required are usually cheap.

As far as departure point you can leave from any Qatar UK departure airport (LHR, LGW, EDI, CWL, BHX).
Thanks CWL. That is very useful to know.

Can I ask the question of how I can get BA.COM.to bring up qatar flight options. I did a quick check from amstersam last night and only gave me BA options. When putting the booking in, do I need to put via DOHA?

Thanks again.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 5:17 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Thanks CWL. That is very useful to know.

Can I ask the question of how I can get BA.COM.to bring up qatar flight options. I did a quick check from amstersam last night and only gave me BA options. When putting the booking in, do I need to put via DOHA?

Thanks again.
Sorry I don't know how you can do is with a departure from AMS.

With UK departures Qatar options are offered automatically for Thai non BKK destinations. As an example Qatar flights are also offered Paris (CDG) to Chiangmai as per screenshot attached albeit with a routing CDG-LHR-DOH-CNX rather than CDG-DOH-CNX.

However swapping the start point to AMS on same dates doesn't produce a Qatar option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.