Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

DOH-HKG tomorrow changed to non Q Suites - any options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DOH-HKG tomorrow changed to non Q Suites - any options?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2019, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I hate being the miserable voice of reason, but you paid for a Business Class ticket, and you will still be flying Business Class.

Now, we have had the QSuite v Non QSuite argument too many times on the forum, and the only way QR will usually offer support is if you can show that you had paid more for the QSuite than any other option (at the time of booking).

M
This shouldn't be the case at all. Its entirely possible one wouldn't have bought the business class fare but for the QSuite. Qatar should accommodate as best it can.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 8:19 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by bmw303
This shouldn't be the case at all. Its entirely possible one wouldn't have bought the business class fare but for the QSuite. Qatar should accommodate as best it can.
You're quite right - it is entirely possible that someone bought specifically for the QSuite, but many airlines have differing products amongst respective fleets.

Should BA refund passengers if they don't receive the Club Suite?
Should SQ refund passengers if they don't receive the new F Suite?
Should EK refund passengers if they don't receive the new F Suite?
Should CX refund passengers if they don't receive Regional J, but instead get an older lie-flat?

Should QR charge passengers who are put on a substituted QSuite aircraft, when the passengers would have paid for a 777 standard layout?

QR won't have substituted the QSuite plane just to spite those passengers, and unfortunately aircraft go tech all the time.

M
Old Oct 20, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: Some
You're quite right - it is entirely possible that someone bought specifically for the QSuite, but many airlines have differing products amongst respective fleets.

Should CX refund passengers if they don't receive Regional J, but instead get an older lie-flat?

Should QR charge passengers who are put on a substituted QSuite aircraft, when the passengers would have paid for a 777 standard layout?

QR won't have substituted the QSuite plane just to spite those passengers, and unfortunately aircraft go tech all the time.

M
There should be a partial refund of the ticket price in all those cases, yes. Particularly if the passenger is a status passenger with the airline whose business they could lose.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 9:24 am

M
There are several things Qatar can do that are customer friendly including but not limited to:

(1) allow for a free change to a QSuite flight that works for the passenger;
(2) offer the customer the option of a downgrade to economy based on the cheapest economy fare available at the time the passenger booked the business class ticket;
Old Oct 20, 2019, 9:48 am

Agree RE: 777 not so bad. Flew it for 17 hours from AKL to DOH and it was nice and spacious!

Can’t compare to QSuites yet... but I agree about not wanting to be by the window access-wise.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by Tofino87
Agree RE: 777 not so bad. Flew it for 17 hours from AKL to DOH and it was nice and spacious!

Can’t compare to QSuites yet... but I agree about not wanting to be by the window access-wise.
I would be very happy to take 777 in 2-2-2 over Qsuite any day. The only caveat would be that I've yet to try QSuite in a 777, but I doubt it is that different from the 350 QSuite in what they get out of a few extra inches cabin width.

-A
Old Oct 20, 2019, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I loved the 777 DOH-AKL slept very well and very spacious seat
Old Oct 20, 2019, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Hey everyone. Thanks for your replies - I’m now feeling much more positive about the flight!
Old Oct 20, 2019, 11:32 pm

Programs: SPG & Marriott Plat Privilege Club Plat
I have flown the 2-2-2 configuration on many long-haul flights most memorably form Doha - Sydney (14 hrs) !

You cant beat the spaciousness and the huge bed (with no cubby to put your legs/feet in)

I'm a little sad … they will all be re-configured

SF
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.