Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Alternatives to the QR J breakfast monotony

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alternatives to the QR J breakfast monotony

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2019, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by DC10
I flew from Zagreb to Doha last week. It was an morning flight leaving at 8:45 am and arriving at 4:15 pm. They have loaded just breakfast in J. I had to mix matched few dishes from the menu to create a Brunch which I had 2-3 hours into the 6 hour flight. I wasn’t happy that they offered just breakfast specially because arrival to Doha is in the afternoon by local time.
But their breakfast menus usually/always have other options. The one above in post 28, for example, has cottage pie, mini sliders (beef and chicken), small sandwiches, cheese plate and cake. Sure, it may not be a traditional QR lunch or dinner; but there's certainly no reason for anyone to go hungry even if you don't want breakfast.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 5:26 pm

So I'm faced with breakfast at the hotel, breakfast in the Paris lounge, breakfast on the cdg to doh flight.
Can I assume that the breakfast at the CDG lounge will be superior to that on the flight?
If so, I will skip hotel breakfast and fill up at the lounge.
Is there generally enough alternative food onboard for a lunchtime meal? I don't fancy an omelette at 1pm!
Old Nov 16, 2019, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Aston100
So I'm faced with breakfast at the hotel, breakfast in the Paris lounge, breakfast on the cdg to doh flight.
Can I assume that the breakfast at the CDG lounge will be superior to that on the flight?
If so, I will skip hotel breakfast and fill up at the lounge.
Is there generally enough alternative food onboard for a lunchtime meal? I don't fancy an omelette at 1pm!
It depends on what hotel and whether breakfast is included for you. If hotel breakfast incurs an additional charge and/or you're not at a really good hotel, I would say CDG lounge > flight > hotel.

Yes, there's enough food, as I pointed in my post a couple of posts above.
Aston100 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
But their breakfast menus usually/always have other options. The one above in post 28, for example, has cottage pie, mini sliders (beef and chicken), small sandwiches, cheese plate and cake. Sure, it may not be a traditional QR lunch or dinner; but there's certainly no reason for anyone to go hungry even if you don't want breakfast.
Agree. I just had the fruit plate from the breakfast section and a cheese plate followed by crayfish macaroni a few hours later. That was plenty for me on a six hour flight.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 11:55 am

Anyone know what will be served on QR41 DOH > CDG.
Departs at 01:40, so will it be a breakfast menu or something else?
Can't see anything for qr41 in the J menus 2019 thread.
Thanks.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 2:39 pm

Thanks.

If you go here and and click on "pre-select your meal" does it show you the meals available on your flight? https://www.qatarairways.com/en-us/onboard/cuisine.html
It states it's available on selected routes from Doha without elaborating further.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Thanks.
Most likely Late Night dining and breakfast.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Another thanks to the OP. I tried this out for the first time this morning, and got the exact same main meal. Not only was it the better than the usual breakfast fare, I'd go so far as to say it was the second best breakfast I've ever had on a plane. Even the FAs were amazed by how good it looked and smelled. Flavoursome and perfectly judged spicing levels. Never again will I subject myself to chicken sausage hell.
Schwann, Aston100 and Yanshuf like this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:43 am

I also would like to say a big thanks to OP for sharing this. I had the hindu meal on my recent ~7.5 hour flight ex-Doha with departure time 02:00.

After take-off I was pleasantly surprised when I was served a dinner-like chicken curry with rice and green beans.

After a couple of hours of sleep the FA woke me up to serve me the breakfast paratha as shown in the OP.

Both meals were delicious and I would choose both of them over anything else on the menu. Btw there was no problem ordering something else from the regular menu (which was the classic breakfast menu).
Schwann, nilsfr69 and Yanshuf like this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
I opted for the Hindu meal today and it was really tasty and a welcome alternative. Thanks for the heads up.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 12:20 pm

So can you have the special / hindu breakfast meal AND the regular menu breakfast meal (a bit later) ?
Old Nov 19, 2019, 12:24 pm

Yes, I should think so.
Aston100 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
So can you have the special / hindu breakfast meal AND the regular menu breakfast meal (a bit later) ?
Yes
Aston100 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Definitely YES. doh-bkk CSM insisted!! I have pre ordered Hindu AND mini sliders meal together, after already having eaten mini sliders after take of....plus garden salat, plus dessert.....
by god, i swore never to eat again, sooo full, 😎
Aston100 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I flew DOH-SIN recently and pre-ordered the Hindu meal because it was a breakfast flight. We were delayed 4 hours and they recatered the flight for dinner... amazingly they still catered for the Hindu meal. The option didn't sound quite as appetising as what was on the regular menu so asked for something off the main menu.. a cautionary warning though, they asked everyone else for their choices and came back to me last so my first choice off the main menu wasn't available. Par for the course though..
Aston100 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.