qr 350 by latam

Old Oct 2, 2019, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: spg Gold for life / Ba gold / LX Sen / Hyatt Globalist
qr 350 by latam

Hi

Does anyone know if QR still operates latam aircraft and which reg and routes?

Tks
Old Oct 2, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by gillestarek
Hi

Tks
I know they regularly operate the "QATAM" A350 to BCN and HAN

Not sure about the other routes.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by gillestarek
Hi

Tks
According "The Qatar Source" (http://theqatarsource.com/), QR recently got one brandnew A350-900 (A7-AQB) as lease from LATAM.
First route was Doha - Hanoi.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 9:27 am

I have a flight in a month DOH - BCN scheduled to be on QATAM A350.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: CX Silver
Earlier this summer, I flew a QR LATAM A350 between Ho Chi Minh City and Phnom Penh. There were about 30 of us in coach.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: qatar
I flew last Monday from Doha to Hanoi in J, my big surprise was that the aircraft was the Latam A350, I didnt like it at all, very small tables, no privacy, zero style. The seat was quite comfortable though and the service was excellent but if I knew it was a Latam aircraft I wouldnt have flown in J.
i dont understand how did Latam design the interior so bad, even the choices of colors are really outdated.
Whars the point to chose the best business class when you are out in a Latam aircraft? Is QR so short of aircrafts to need leasing this poorly designed Latam aircraft or maybe they got a very good deal? Why did Latam by them if they didnt need? Planning error?
Old Oct 2, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: BAEC
My guess is that the investment by Delta in Latam and the announcement that Latam will exit OneWorld in a year or so might draw an end to this leasing arrangement in the medium to long term.
Dr. HFH likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by Luca Suomi
I flew last Monday from Doha to Hanoi in J, my big surprise was that the aircraft was the Latam A350, I didnt like it at all, very small tables, no privacy, zero style. The seat was quite comfortable though and the service was excellent but if I knew it was a Latam aircraft I wouldnt have flown in J.
i dont understand how did Latam design the interior so bad, even the choices of colors are really outdated.
Whars the point to chose the best business class when you are out in a Latam aircraft? Is QR so short of aircrafts to need leasing this poorly designed Latam aircraft or maybe they got a very good deal? Why did Latam by them if they didnt need? Planning error?
Theres an article fromm OMAAT explaining some of the background- iirc they were ordered by TAM pre merger and the combination of that and the Brazilian economy dropping somewhat means the demand isnt quite there anymore

LATAMs business class layout is one of my favourites but I recognise that is essentially the old QR a330 layout so a downgrade if not what youre expecting

https://onemileatatime.com/qatar-airways-latam-a350/

i think i heard DL were going to take over some of the leases/orders as a condition of their stake buying but could be wrong
Old Oct 2, 2019, 2:11 pm

For more information about the Latam A350s look at qr-leasing-latam-a350s which also includes seating advice etc.
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
How can one tell if you have been scheduled on a Latam leased A350 in the booking reference? Or the seating plan?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JSM8
How can one tell if you have been scheduled on a Latam leased A350 in the booking reference? Or the seating plan?
If it's an A350 and 6 abreast on the seat map.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Originally Posted by Schwann
If it's an A350 and 6 abreast on the seat map.
OK, thanks. Clear enough, thats what seems to have been allocated for my flight
Old Nov 9, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Also, (I'm currently researching flights from BCN) it will state on the QR website operated by LATAM (something similar) if it has one of the dreaded 350's.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Also, (I'm currently researching flights from BCN) it will state on the QR website operated by LATAM (something similar) if it has one of the dreaded 350's.
Unfortunately, not. I believe they are dry leases and show as operated by Qatar Airways when booking. Mine certainly did when booking QR839 BKK-DOH showing as an A350-900 and only after completing the booking and selecting a seat, I saw a 2-2-2 config in J. Best way is to check on Experflyer, if your really worried about aircraft type (though always subject to change with QR)
Old Nov 10, 2019, 2:13 am

Programs: Baec
Looks like I have one of these aeroplanes on a flight to Bangkok in about four weeks time.
I've read that Qatar are OK about changing flights if you have booked a Qsuite and the equipment gets changed, are they as accommodating if you want to avoid these 2-2-2 layouts? There are flights within half an hour before and after I could take.

Two seats have already come vacant since the aircraft change.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.