Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meet the Privilege Club team in London

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Traveller999
Maybe too little, yes...but let´s wait for the in this thread announced "upcoming changes", which should come in a few days (around the 16th), if I remember right - then we will see in which direction it goes.
But it´s never too late to "turn around" and "fight" to get back lost loyal customers and keep them staying ;-) , but let´s see ....
As long as its not introduced as 'enhancements' !!!!!! ;-)
Old Oct 10, 2019, 8:14 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Traveller999
Maybe too little, yes...but let´s wait for the in this thread announced "upcoming changes", which should come in a few days (around the 16th), if I remember right - then we will see in which direction it goes.
But it´s never too late to "turn around" and "fight" to get back lost loyal customers and keep them staying ;-) , but let´s see ....
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
As long as its not introduced as 'enhancements' !!!!!! ;-)
The changes, to be announced on 15th October, will certainly please QRPC cardholders - and shows QR has been listening to it's customers, and in fact it's FTers too.

M
Old Oct 10, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
It's like an advent calendar count down. I can't wait
Old Oct 10, 2019, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
The changes, to be announced on 15th October, will certainly please QRPC cardholders - and shows QR has been listening to it's customers, and in fact it's FTers too.

M
curious and looking forward to this changes, but unfortunately i need to make my bookings until 14th as another airline's promo will stop by then! but thats my very personal problem and thus the changes may be too late for me, but lets see what comes along ...
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: qatar
two of the main reasons I let my status expire were the continuous cuts to the benefits, every few months there was one, even passed as enhancements and the introduction of award fees that were not refunded in case of cancellation even for gold platinum, I became Platinum and gold especially to be able to use my miles in a flexible way and cancel an award for free.
SullyofDoha likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 10:56 pm

Holding my breath for October 15th. I hope they have done away with the ridiculous booking fees that accompany reward ticket redemptions.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 12:47 am

Programs: QR Platinum / SQ Gold
Wishlist (as Platinum Member):
- Access to Al Safwa (for business ticket)
- Access to Qatar Lounge/Al Mourjan (for economy tickets)
- Waitinglist for Award booking, more flexibility in award changes
- no cancellation, change fee
- Better use/availability for QCredits
- Real-time partner Award booking process
- Better earn/burn ratio
- Better & faster customer support
purple1addict likes this.

Last edited by Yenakad; Oct 15, 2019 at 10:10 am
Old Oct 13, 2019, 5:14 am
Formerly known as koeche

Programs: LX HON, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond, Windows 11, Adobe Creative Suite
I doubt they would allow general Plat access to Al Safwa, there are just too many. But they could give everyone a couple of free access voucher each year—like they already give some pointless lounge vouchers for the business lounge. Also they could offer to pay some amount of miles or Qcredits.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: qatar
Originally Posted by Yenakad
Wishlist (as Platinum Member):
- Access to Al Safwa (for business/economy tickets)
- Access to Qatar Lounge/Al Mourjan (for economy tickets)
- Waitinglist for Award booking, more flexibility in award changes
- no cancellation, change fee
- Better use/availability for QCredits
- Real-time partner Award booking process
- Better earn/burn ratio
- Better & faster customer support
I don’t think they will restore all previous benefits plus even more, I hope to have at least something back, but it may be too late for me since I am letting my status expire and I would have to start from zero.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by Luca Suomi
I don’t think they will restore all previous benefits plus even more, I hope to have at least something back, but it may be too late for me since I am letting my status expire and I would have to start from zero.
I must concur since the last enhancement I've now learned how easy it is to earn status from baec it would have to be a huge turnaround to get back my loyalty

I'm doing a LGW-BKK in 2 weeks on QR j which will get me BA silver ( QR Gold ) and I only switched to BA this June I would need almost 3 QR J return flights to do this with QRPC

Suffice to say I think the QR flying experience is hard to beat
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by CheckInPeach
But they could give everyone a couple of free access voucher each year....
This. Even two annually for PLT members would be great. Of course, this would be in addition to fixing the earn/burn ratio.

Also, does anyone here know if QR has a status match policy, like OW EMD on another airline to QRPC PLT?
Old Oct 14, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CheckInPeach
I doubt they would allow general Plat access to Al Safwa, there are just too many. But they could give everyone a couple of free access voucher each year—like they already give some pointless lounge vouchers for the business lounge. Also they could offer to pay some amount of miles or Qcredits.
I like the idea of AS vouchers for plats, but another idea I was thinking is maybe Plats flying in J with specifically more expensive fare classes can also use the AS lounge as well.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 11:09 pm

8AM Doha time and no updates on website or email as of yet
Old Oct 14, 2019, 11:20 pm

I'm refreshing my e-mail every 10 minutes . Excited for some improvements but I dont expect too much.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 11:44 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Freed
I'm refreshing my e-mail every 10 minutes . Excited for some improvements but I dont expect too much.
It was made clear what the improvements would be to those who attended in London, and 15th October was the date we were told the changes would be released.

If there has been no news by this afternoon, I will reach out and find out whether I can state them here.

M
Yenakad, Traveller999 and Freed like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.