Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Will QR’s operations be affected by a US Iran conflict?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will QR’s operations be affected by a US Iran conflict?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2019, 2:05 am
SSY

Programs: CX Go
Originally Posted by QatarA340
Hi there; while I understand how some people might seet the situation; it is ABSOLUTELY safe to fly with QR; they do take really liberal approach when it comes to detours to bypass any security-linked areas. When the blockade occured; they developed a plan which continued it to be flying despite the challenges. Qatar Airways is very safe--and there should not be any reason to avoid.

I wish you the best of luck whatever you choose.
appreciated, my main concerns are less about safety than it has to do with my own tight schedule and not wanting any unnecessary risk of a delay or cancellation. Im sure any plans they to ensure safety would still impact operation for the sake of safety especially given the tight airspace they already have to work with. Id also be pretty busy if i go windhoek to deal with any potential changes and delays, so ive decided to route JNB-LON instead.

Its a shame though, ive tried booking QR before as i want to check it out, last time was right when the blockade noise started, and now this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by Brickbroker
My wife is actually worried about the danger side of things, as most other major airlines have diverted their flights to avoid the Iran airspace, whereas it seems Qatar havn’t because they are unable to fly through UAE or Saudi
Understand, but the posts I was replying to (and the OP) were discussing the routing options, if there are any.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.