Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BAEC or AA or Privilege Club

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2019, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
BAEC or AA or Privilege Club

I need advice please, I have been with QR Privilege Club since 2006 in their top level tier and have gone out of my way to fly them. I have according to their dashboard thing over 800K + miles I have flown with them, so I am loyal but I have reached enough with their service levels when anything goes wrong. As I wrote in another thread in this forum, they refused to honour a promotion despite getting written confirmation from their customer service agent and for me there is no trust anymore despite me repeatedly requesting them to resolve the matter.

Therefore I am now contemplating crediting my flights to BAEC or AA. I know this has been discussed previously at least with BAEC or Privledge Club but I could not find a thread that threw in AA.

I would normally have chosen BAEC as I am originally from the UK though I live in Muscat and work in Doha. However with AA tying up with Hyatt and thats a chain which I would love to get elite status with (they do not offer to status match my Hilton Diamond or Marriott Ambassador membership).

As I understand I need to fly 4 flights on BA planes a year is there a similar requirement for AA? in terms of benefits I really utilize the luggage allowance and occasionally lounge/al maha with QR, I am assuming with AA and BA I would need to forgo those?

Also will I need to start from the bottom or can they status match?

Another thing that is playing on my mind I saw a thread in the BA forum that kids can get gold status and thought would be cool if my kid reaches lifetime by like 18 iA!

So yes if I fly mainly shorthaul (Doha to Muscat everyweek in economy) and say once every 3 months in J back to Europe or Asia on holiday which program would be better to credit to?
Old May 19, 2019, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What are your objectives from a ffp?

AA does not have the 4 own airline flight requirement. AA is a revenue based ffp.

Effectively no hope of a status match in an alliance. But LA was offering for a while. AA has a status challenge, but you may not have flights that qualify

Oneworld:- Deciding on a Oneworld Frequent Flyer Program? Help is here

Be mindful of expiry Miles/Points that Do and Don't Expire. Click to open the wiki.

The grass in not always greener on the other side

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.