Wiki Posts
Search

QR seat selection bug?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2019, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold
QR seat selection bug?

I’ve been trying to make changes to our seats in economy. Every time I make changes to our seat selection, the website, and even the QR App, will assign us random seats, totally different from my chosen seats. We are 7 in the booking. Can I just call QR to reserve the seats?
Old May 18, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by boybi
I’ve been trying to make changes to our seats in economy. Every time I make changes to our seat selection, the website, and even the QR App, will assign us random seats, totally different from my chosen seats. We are 7 in the booking. Can I just call QR to reserve the seats?
Any reason why you wouldn't try? Do you have anything to lose?
Old May 18, 2019, 4:01 am
Original Poster

There’s no contact information for the Philippines in QR website. I would have to make an overseas call and still not sure if I could make proper seat reservation when I call.
Old May 18, 2019, 4:59 am
R2

You'll find their contact numbers in Phils here:

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-ph/w...e-offices.html
boybi likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by R2
You'll find their contact numbers in Phils here:

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-ph/w...e-offices.html
Thanks! Will call them on Monday.
Old May 19, 2019, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

I called up QR Manila office and apparently, the front rows are already under airport control. Our flight is still in October, and seats are already under airport control this early?

I was, however, able to reserve the seats through the call, but a few rows behind my preferred seats.
Old May 19, 2019, 10:56 pm
R2

I think saying they are under airport control is strecthing it a bit. They are just blocked, as they almost always are until the airport check-in opens. Your best bet to get them is to make it to airport check-in counters early on the day of travel.
Old May 20, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC
The call centre is correct, but might have explained it poorly. The front row seats are blocked until the flight goes under airport control and then become available for assigning. You can request front row at the airport but if a customer requires a bassinet seat you will then be booted out and assigned a random seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.