Search

Seat assignment on an 'on hold' booking

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2019, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, CX MPC Gold, Avis preferred plus, MyWaitrose card
Seat assignment on an 'on hold' booking

Hi there

Finally managed to jump on a nice deal back to Europe for the family summer hols (3 out of 4 legs on Qsuites), but as we already have flights booked with another airline I decided to pay the 'on hold' fee until I can confirm we have no onerous cancellation fees on our current booking.

However, on the Qatar MMB I can't see any way to assign seats, or even check the seat map to see whether certain seats (i.e. Quads) are available on the selected flights. Furthermore, the seats we have been assigned are all over the cabin (e.g. 6B, 8A, 9B, 10A on our first leg). As QR don't seem to have any kind of 24hr cooling off period I am reticent to pay the full fare, if we can't actually be seated together - particularly as we are travelling with young kids (3 and 6).

Is there any way to check the seat map, or is anyone able to look on EF or similar to see if Quads are free? Or is it pretty much a given that QR auto assign them to groups such as ours once the payment is settled?

Flight details for reference are:
3 July QR817 HKG - DOH
4 July QR069 DOH - FRA
16 July QR132 FCO - DOH
17 July QR818 DOH - HKG

Thanks in advance...
Old May 6, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: BA BD SA
QR817: Quad in rows 2/3 taken; all others blocked
QR069: 3E/F taken; all other middle seats blocked
QR132: Row 1 taken, rest bocked; most of front cabin taken apart from 2J/K 3J/K; rear cabin 5E/F blocked rest open
QR818: all middle seats either taken or blocked; rows 3/4/9/10 middles taken so quads still possible in 1/2 5/6 and 7/8

High probabiility you will be able to grab an open quad once booked, either on line or by phone.
Old May 6, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Meant to say: that info is from EF.
Old May 7, 2019, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, CX MPC Gold, Avis preferred plus, MyWaitrose card
Thanks for your help!
Old May 9, 2019, 3:41 pm

You can see seat maps on EF without having a paid account. Just start a free seat alert and the seat map will be shown. You can then abandon the seat alert.
Cheetah_SA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.